Two 1/48 Su-34: And the winner is...

15 hours ago, FASTEAGLE107 said:

You can find some fresh news of the kit on  the link below:  cad files of the AL-31 and  maintenance cart. Probably included in the box (?).

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5708816693?lp=5028&mo_device=1&is_jingpost=0&bdid=FE323E93018C5D73C36C251BA85B223F&pn=0&

The cart is new info, but we've already seen test shots of the AL-31. See the first page of this thread. CAD images are all well and fine, but don't always translate into good plastic.

Well, Kitty Hawk is screwing with us some more. Hobbyeasy is now showing a release date of June 5th. Same with the F-101B. I wonder how long they are going to keep dragging this out. Pisses me off. 😠

Well, Hobbyeasy has now moved the release date to 6/16. Same date for the F-101B. I am a bit pissed off as it seems that Lucky model has been getting a least some f-101Bs, enough that they could put some up on the site after filling pre-orders (at least one would think they would fill pre-orders before posting them on the site). I think I shall ask them what the heck.

Edited by Mstor
35 minutes ago, flanker27 said:

sprue shots on ebay

Looks pretty good. What one can see of the nose is promising. Resin exhausts. Still with the separate fuselage and wings, gotta be a mold size restrictions for them. Everyone else does one piece fuselage and wings on these flanker family kits. I am looking forward to getting mine, someday :crying:

46 minutes ago, flanker27 said:

Ebay is giving 20% off now with coupon PICKDADSGIFT today. Just ordered from China for $58. Going to take a couple of month to receive it though.

tHANKS FOR THE HEADS UP. I just ordered mine as well. 

I sure hope those open panels fit closed OK. I would prefer it if they didn't make these open bays, seems gimmicky to me and the panels never seem to fit right in the closed position. Otherwise, the kit looks nice.

Edit: Well, I didn't look at the sprues before posting. Looks like that open engine panels are cut outs. Happy, happy :whistle:

Edited by Mstor

I know - don't pass judgement until the kit appears etc....... but.........

That tailcone looks to be too pointed - the real thing is quite blunt........

Real%20012.JPG

su-34_014.jpg

... and the APU outlet is in the top rear, not the starboard side - unless they have changed it without telling me..... :woot.gif:

Earlier machines (without the APU) had a more pointed tailcone....

Real%20002.JPG

Ken

Edited by Flankerman

I think the shape is close, but you're right about that vent on the starboard side and, as mentioned, the outlet cover on the rear top is missing (might be a good candidate for PE correction though fitting it to the compound curve would be problematic).