Two 1/48 Su-34: And the winner is...

The initial form of forward RWS fairings were  a theoretical mistake - they didn't maintain operation, were pressed through and burst, often it was possible to see that they are stuck with an adhesive tape. New fairings on containers now peaked.

39920026_10214961672627410_3656658211475292160_n.jpg

On 8/14/2018 at 5:07 PM, Mr Matt Foley said:

Are they copies of the kit gear? (not meant in a bad way of course) and does anyone know if they are available yet?

As far as I can tell, yes, they are the same as the kit parts. So maybe not gold but still brass which is a good thing.

Yes they are available: http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/gfm48035.htm

On 8/15/2018 at 3:08 AM, Petarvu said:

And here I thought I was working on a solution... :hmmm:

On 8/14/2018 at 11:17 AM, kotey said:

To Zactoman :

(Nice pictures!)

Thank you Andrey!

" Of course, the good pics are published after I made the difficult details... " So between the pics you provided and the additional "new" pics I've been busy revising details :bandhead2:

Edit: You wouldn't happen to have any pics further to the rear showing the fence mount details, would you? :pray:

8 hours ago, kotey said:

New type  of  Khibiny pods

" Of course, the good pics are published after I made the difficult details... "

Hmmmm... Had I known I might have gone for the separate cone option. I suppose the modeler could still cut away part of the cone and attach a pointy part.

:cheers:

Edited by Zactoman
10 hours ago, Zactoman said:

And here I thought I was working on a solution... :hmmm:

Chris you can always market a "Type 1" and Type 2" or perhaps allow for the differences with parts and charge more for them. I'm still buying and I'm sure many others will too.

On 8/23/2018 at 9:35 PM, kotey said:

Like this?

On 8/23/2018 at 9:36 PM, kotey said:

And new cone

Thank you sir! :worship:

You're making my life difficult...  Little tiny details, big giant fingers... :bandhead2:

Khibiny_4_zpsipqt2ccx.jpg

On 8/29/2018 at 4:12 AM, magman2 said:

I noticed, the  the tail stinger vent is a different shape.

Photo Andrey Neyman

If you're talking about the upper left corner looking clipped, that corner does have a different "radius". It doesn't have a hole on the top left row so looks clipped from a distance.

I can't tell from your photo if it has actually changed. Any close-ups?

On 8/19/2018 at 12:58 PM, kotey said:

Yes, we, Russians such: sleep and dream - how to confuse somebody else, new L-265M10-02 Khibiny-M pod - new shape of RWR cones, this pods will use since 2019-2020:

attachment.php?attachmentid=262326&d=153

They are actually Pelmeni dispensers. Boy, have we been fooled!

As a little follow up on the clipped APU vent. I have been going through photos on Airliners.net and I have found that most of the vents, going back as far as 2013 had the clipped upper left corner. It is definitely not a new feature. There is a 2013 photo of a line up of Su-34s with and without APU vents and of the five that have the vent, all were of the clipped variety.

Andrey, is your decal set for the Su-34 going to include the Bort 10 example shown in the last three photos you posted above, the one with the large crest on the fuselage just behind the cockpit? That is a rather unique looking airframe with that emblem on its side.

8 minutes ago, kotey said:

Yes, shure. It is two big badge in this regiment, and it is not crest - it is winged propeller

34-48.jpg

Crest, badge, whatever its called, all I care is you got it. You da man :worship: