Two 1/48 Su-34: And the winner is...

1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

Not trying to say anything bad about the kits, but is it really just me that thinks the Su-34 is one ugly looking mofo? BLUF......

No, not just you, but its ugly in a beautiful kind of way :whistle:

5 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Not trying to say anything bad about the kits, but is it really just me that thinks the Su-34 is one ugly looking mofo? BLUF......

Second to that.

Actually in my opinion all canard Flankers are quite ugly, some kinda science fiction-ish look.

While the LERX outline on Su-27/Su-35 makes it such an elegant looking aircraft.

Well just my opinion though.

Back to the Su-34. I'm currently working on the pylons and the instructions are poorly set up for that purpose. I have found at least one error and the failure to mention pylons in the kit for smart bombs. Does anyone know what the combination is for a 1500 KG smart bomb?  Berkut are ya out there?

3 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Back to the Su-34. I'm currently working on the pylons and the instructions are poorly set up for that purpose. I have found at least one error and the failure to mention pylons in the kit for smart bombs. Does anyone know what the combination is for a 1500 KG smart bomb?  Berkut are ya out there?

I read that it is carried on a BD4 adaptor/pylon, but couldn't find any specific pics of same.

3 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

ummm where are the pictures of this build?

4 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Back to the Su-34. I'm currently working on the pylons and the instructions are poorly set up for that purpose. I have found at least one error and the failure to mention pylons in the kit for smart bombs. Does anyone know what the combination is for a 1500 KG smart

They are marked BD-4UMK by KH.

13 hours ago, Helmsman said:

They are marked BD-4UMK by KH.

14 hours ago, dylan said:

ummm where are the pictures of this build?

Thanks. I'll hunt for it when I work on the kit next week.

Dylan, I'll post some shots when I finish it. I've never tried an online build but after I get some sort of area to shoot photos, I'll give it a shot....no pun intended. Right now it is gloss coated and nearly ready for the decals. I've been spending a lot of time on the stores, matching pylons and getting ready to attach sub assemblies like the landing gear.

When I post photos I'll give my 2 cents on the kit as well. Suffice it to say it does require patience and planning. There are errors in the instructions and no instructions for some part attachments. Reference material is a must have.

Edited by Mr Matt Foley
7 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Thanks. I'll hunt for it when I work on the kit next week.

Dylan, I'll post some shots when I finish it. I've never tried an online build but after I get some sort of area to shoot photos, I'll give it a shot....no pun intended. Right now it is gloss coated and nearly ready for the decals. I've been spending a lot of time on the stores, matching pylons and getting ready to attach sub assemblies like the landing gear.

When I post photos I'll give my 2 cents on the kit as well. Suffice it to say it does require patience and planning. There are errors in the instructions and no instructions for some part attachments. Reference material is a must have.

are you building the Kittyhawk kit or the hobbyboss kit?

42 minutes ago, dylan said:

are you building the Kittyhawk kit or the hobbyboss kit?

Kitty Hawk. Being done OOB for this build. I'll buy another one and save it for a build for if and when we have some aftermarket (cockpit, Zacto goodies etc.)

On 8/14/2018 at 12:36 PM, Rocketdrvr said:

So the million dollar question Zactoman is?  When do we get to order these beautiful replacement parts from yourself, hmmmmm???

Unfortunately I haven't had time to work on them much but did get them "finished" and poured a test mold.

Khibiny_5_zps8grwh6kh.jpg

Khibiny_6_zpswua3iftn.jpg

I'll confirm the shrinkage in a few days and then I'll be ready to order the photo-etch. Hopefully that won't take too long.

In the mean time I'm going to make a few adjustments and improvements on the patterns and then I'll be ready to pour production molds.

To answer your question, I don't know when they'll be ready to order...

:cheers:

18 hours ago, Zactoman said:

Unfortunately I haven't had time to work on them much but did get them "finished" and poured a test mold.

Khibiny_5_zps8grwh6kh.jpg

Khibiny_6_zpswua3iftn.jpg

I'll confirm the shrinkage in a few days and then I'll be ready to order the photo-etch. Hopefully that won't take too long.

In the mean time I'm going to make a few adjustments and improvements on the patterns and then I'll be ready to pour production molds.

Looking great Chris!! I know you're busy but have you had a chance to think about other improvements for the kit?

New Pylon stubs would be great.

19 hours ago, Zactoman said:

Oh, those look mighty fine. Like Mr. Matt Foley says, any more extras would really be appreciated (and purchased). :thumbsup2:

18 minutes ago, Rocketdrvr said:

Well, Zacto I can honestly say they are up to your usual standards based on the photographs!  So I can hardly wait to order this set from yourself.

Thanks Rocketdrvr! 🍺

I just hope the Russians are happy with them. :rolleyes: Tough crowd... :whistle: