Two 1/48 Su-34: And the winner is...

1 hour ago, Laurent said:

Where did you get the kit from ? Standard kits don't seem to come with figures and Sorbtsiya resin parts.

I don’t have this kit yet, this picture coming from KittyHawk FB site.

1 hour ago, Solo said:

I don’t have this kit yet, this picture coming from KittyHawk FB site.

Ok. It's not from the KH FB page but from a member of the KH Group in fact.

On 6/17/2018 at 12:22 PM, Berkut said:

You are wrongly assuming ECM pods on Su-35S and Su-34 are the same.

I just bought Advanced modelling L265M10 Hibini-M 1/48 resin pods to check on their quality. Are those for Su-34 or 35S? I still can't diferentiate Hibini family of ecm pods...

Thanks

P

2 minutes ago, Petarvu said:

I just bought Advanced modelling L265M10 Hibini-M 1/48 resin pods to check on their quality. Are those for Su-34 or 35S? I still can't diferentiate Hibini family of ecm pods...

Thanks

P

Have link for the product?

According to the link posted earlier with the sprues and build pictures, the resin ecm and figure parts are for external market. The resin parts missing the ecm pods and figures are for China domestic market so should be cheaper I think.

3 hours ago, Petarvu said:

Thanks

P

There seems to be a lot of confusion (all around the internet) about what pods and which designations are used on which aircraft. Hopefully someone can clear that up to include info for all pods used on Su-27/Su-30/Su-33/Su-34/Su-35.

What I have been able to find out is that the L-265M10 is only used on the Su-35S and the Su-34 uses the L-175V.

They have different external details and are different sizes (despite some publish info).

So no, Su-35S pods can't be used on the Su-34.

3 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Have link for the product?

I found this  expired Ebay link.

44 minutes ago, flanker27 said:

According to the link posted earlier with the sprues and build pictures, the resin ecm and figure parts are for external market. The resin parts missing the ecm pods and figures are for China domestic market so should be cheaper I think.

If that's the case it sucks for the Chinese market and everybody who bought through a Chinese website. Especially since they show the pods on the box-art.

:cheers:

Everyone calm down! 😋 All is not lost....I have seen several images of the US-34 with missile rails on the tips and the kit includes these. I'm sure the aftermarket folks will have something for us soon enough.  Deep breaths....slow deep breaths. 

6 minutes ago, Zactoman said:

There seems to be a lot of confusion (all around the internet) about what pods and which designations are used on which aircraft. Hopefully someone can clear that up to include info for all pods used on Su-27/Su-30/Su-33/Su-34/Su-35.

What I have been able to find out is that the L-265M10 is only used on the Su-35S and the Su-34 uses the L-175V.

They have different external details and are different sizes (despite some publish info).

So no, Su-35S pods can't be used on the Su-34.

I found this  expired Ebay link.

If that's the case it sucks for the Chinese market and everybody who bought through a Chinese website. Especially since they show the pods on the box-art.

:cheers:

Help us out here, Zactoman! I smell a new product opportunity for you. Seize the moment!

The48ers has Amigo Models products. They don't have any pods of any sort from them though. In fact, the pods on the Amigo Modeling website are from their Advanced Modeling line and I don't think The48ers carries them. The only pods I found were Wolfpack Designs and they were old L-004 and L-005 pods.

Edited by Mstor
9 hours ago, Mstor said:

The48ers has Amigo Models products. They don't have any pods of any sort from them though. In fact, the pods on the Amigo Modeling website are from their Advanced Modeling line and I don't think The48ers carries them. The only pods I found were Wolfpack Designs and they were old L-004 and L-005 pods.

I bought mine on Czech Modelimex store...

14 hours ago, flanker27 said:

Problem is,it turned out ECMpods themselves are incorrect....so no deal breaker.

On 6/18/2018 at 5:23 PM, flanker27 said:

That in fact is NOT true. Kits shipped for the USA market do not have the pods and ground crew.

14 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

That in fact is NOT true. Kits shipped for the USA market do not have the pods and ground crew.

My 2nd and 3rd kits arrived today.....this time they contained the pods and figures.....Yeehaa!

3 minutes ago, Wizard_rkt said:

My 2nd and 3rd kits arrived today.....this time they contained the pods and figures.....Yeehaa!

Where did you order from?

to all that want the Pods & crew for Su34
write to sophialymn@gmail.com. they cost $20.00 USD plus S&H. the reason most Distributors bought cheaper kit was to save themselves money the podded/crew kit cost them 50% more and they didn't think most customers would mind."

Edited by Mr Matt Foley