anyone excited for Nats?

I would be...if I were going :crying2:

Had a wicked good time last year and looking forward to the next time it is "east"...2019, 'Nooga!

A WIP room...now that's an idea. Bring along your traveling tool/supplies chest and hang out cleaning plastic on the kits you bought that afternoon, or get down and get working on that kit you tried to have done for Nats. Shoot, they could set up an area for airbrushing, get the Grex, and Iwata vendors out there promoting their products....paint guys too. I know there has always been various seminars...but actual model building going on at the Convention, by regular shmoes?! Hmmmm...???

It will be my first "fly away" NATS. I am also looking forward to the Strategic Air Command & Aerospace museum.  I have never been to Nebraska, so it will be fun to see a new part of the country.

3 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

Come on! Push it! There's a category just for Tamiya Tomcats.

I'm really trying Darren!  I'm in the airline biz, so with the trips I have left this month, it leaves me 6 days to finish.   I've got small kids at home so I usually am limited to hobbying when they are napping or after bedtime.  I'm almost done painting the fuselage pancake!

FDjvYBL.jpg

Edited by Falconxlvi
On 7/2/2017 at 6:48 AM, DarkKnight said:

any modeling stuff to do after dinner? wish someday they'd have like a pre-show or wip room

I'm just relieved not to be involved with convention registration any more.

11 hours ago, Falconxlvi said:

I'm really trying Darren!  I'm in the airline biz, so with the trips I have left this month, it leaves me 6 days to finish.   I've got small kids at home so I usually am limited to hobbying when they are napping or after bedtime.  I'm almost done painting the fuselage pancake!

FDjvYBL.jpg

Ooh, that looks good! I understand completely about small kiddos. Some unsolicited advice is to enjoy every minute you have with them. You blink and the next thing you know they're in high school, and driving, and getting ready to go to college. I ask myself where the time went!

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:10 PM, Darren Roberts said:

Come on! Push it! There's a category just for Tamiya Tomcats.

Geeezz........you guys and your Tamiya Tomcats......smh.......:taunt:

I'm excited, I'm working it, just like 2011.

I've never attended NATs before but am hopeful this year will be my first.  However, I don't think I will be able to make it all four days.  If you had to pick 3 out of 4 days to attend, how would you do it?  Do you want to be there on day 1 when all the vendors are fully stocked or is it cool to go to the awards banquet on day 4?  Just curious what precious NATs attendees think.  

Steve

Yeah, I would be if I could attend. The one convention I attended was a lot of fun and I look forward to another being within a driving range that I can enter some kits in the contest. 

I am, as usual, looking forward to the reports and pics of the contestant's models. 

14 hours ago, Falconxlvi said:

I've never attended NATs before but am hopeful this year will be my first.  However, I don't think I will be able to make it all four days.  If you had to pick 3 out of 4 days to attend, how would you do it?  Do you want to be there on day 1 when all the vendors are fully stocked or is it cool to go to the awards banquet on day 4?  Just curious what precious NATs attendees think.  

Steve

Hi Steve

This is a tough call but I would opt for the Thursday through Saturday timeframe. This will be my 20 something Nats and they have been consistently great. While you might miss some of the rare/hard to find vendor items by not being there on the first day, note that the Wednesday only starts after lunch and ends early evening. I think you make up for this loss by being there on Saturday to see all of the entered models on Saturday morning and having the chance for some really good last minute vendor deals.

Enjoy the convention!

Mike

:cheers: