Hasegawa F-22A Raptor 1st FW

1/48 Hasegawa F-22A Raptor,  only additions are Brassin' Bang Seat & Wheels and Aires VT nozzles.  Fun build with no construction issues.

John

belgvSr.jpg?1

A0M71kI.jpg?1

X7xHPcn.jpg?1

tyzmklo.jpg?1

LeRUXGG.jpg?3

Z8acHnD.jpg?1

YYuXMcu.jpg?1

1 hour ago, jester292 said:

Very nice job! What did you use for paint?

The Hasegawa F-22 is one of my favorite kits. It's a great build and you did a fantastic job. 

Thanks,  Gunze Sangyo colors & ratios verbatim as recommended by the Hasegawa painting guide.  I had better sheen before I put a flat coat down as a final sealer.  Raptor sheen & Model Master Metalizer Sealer works well 25% sheen to 75% sealer.  Going to test out how the sheen mixes with a flat coat on a mule for future reference.  Did a WIP of this build on Z5.

John

2 hours ago, dsahling said:

Good looking Raptor!  Especially nice job on the weapons bay.  I had a blast doing this one, did you find some parts a little "over-engineered" especially with the landing gear?

"

Thanks, yeah I like the way the internal structure was engineered but you are correct, the landing gear is over engineered, but it sure looks good when you finally get it squared up, set, and secured. 

John