Amodel 1/144 Canadair CL-415 -- DONE!

And the red is on. Touch up is needed, especially on the tip floats, which are structures I struggle with...

cl-415-painted.jpg

Edit: Finished the touch-up, got the tip floats on, and replaced the image above.

Just noticed that the wing fences are 'sposed to be white! I'll need to mask and paint them before I get to the decals. They have this red & white striped decal for the area of the wing around the fences, I may just paint that instead of trying to put a slot in the decal for the wing fences.

Edited by dnl42

This was not my best decal job... The decals went on well-enough in the beginning, but the forward parts of the fuselage decals, with the pelican, fought me tooth and nail. :bandhead2:

I saved the best for last--the wing fence stripes. They each broke multiple times; I'll need to do some paint touch-up. Adding insult to injury, I contrived to put them on bass-ackwards.:soapbox:

cl-415-decals.jpg

I love colorful aircraft. Here are 2 markings I'd love to do. I asked Draw about other CL-415 schemes, but he already had enough on his plate.

Here's an Aero-Flight scheme:

aeroflight.jpg

And this is a Government Air Transport Service (Alberta) scheme:

Canadair_CL-415_-_Canada-_GAS_Alberta.pn

• dnl42 changed the title to Amodel 1/144 Canadair CL-415 -- DONE!