1/48 Hobby Boss Su-30MK2 Venezuela AF

1 hour ago, KursadA said:

Such an excellent build....I have to admit I really enjoy seeing my decals used in builds of this caliber. Thanks for sharing!

In some cases, your decals make regular builds look like a great ones! I'm talking about my case not Jani's of course! he is on a league of his own! and so are your decals!

12 hours ago, kike said:

In some cases, your decals make regular builds look like a great ones! I'm talking about my case not Jani's of course! he is on a league of his own! and so are your decals!

Thank you, but I think you are being too modest. Both yours and Janissary's Sukhois were far beyond "regular" builds..

PS: How about building a Tucano to take a short break?

Thank you very much everyone, I really appreciate it. But knowing all the issues with my build, I'm for the most part 'meh' with the build. Learning a lot though. After many tests, heating the rods (0.5" diameter) in the oven to 270F, waiting for 8-10mins after that, and bending it around a pot worked best for the U shaped supports. 

Various experiments, including rods that bubbled up under the heat gun:

IMG_6217.JPG

IMG_6218.JPG

Now testing how the whole thing will come together. The center of gravity is ok (no tipping) but the rods are not securely tight in the metal block (press fit not working). So I am now thinking about ways to make that a stronger bond. If I manage that, the only thing that's remaining are the Kryptons under the intakes!

IMG_6220.JPG

IMG_6230.JPG

• 3 weeks later...