Vacation in late July-August

I will be on vacation outside the US between July 16-August 10. Any orders placed after July 13 will be shipped only after I come back in August.

Needless to say, I will not leave any unshipped orders on July 13. All preorders for this month's releases are already out of door (except for a handful of international orders and some large orders), or will be in a day or so. If you are interested in this month's releases, I would appreciate it if you could place an order before July 13, so you don't have to wait for a month. I hope to ship Sprue Brothers and Hannants' orders before I leave, but if I can't do it the new decals will not be available anywhere.

It's been a great year so far, and I think I deserve a little rest. I will be in France and Netherlands for the most part, and I will occasionally post here to see if there is any possibility of meeting any of you while I am there.  

Edited by KursadA

Today (Jul 13) was the last chance to order anything from me until I get back from vacation  - orders received after today will most likely have to wait until early August. I will make an effort to ship any orders I receive until Sunday, but there are no guarantees. 

I just made the last shipment before I leave for vacation. Any orders I receive after this point will be shipped after I come back. 

Thanks for making the first half of this year a great time for Caracal Models - I have a lot of very interesting stuff lined up for the remainder of the year.

Talk to you all after I come back from France , hopefully rested and refreshed! I will try to log on and post here once every few days, but may not be as responsive as usual.  

• 3 weeks later...

Just five more days in Paris, and I will be back at work. I actually squeezed in some C-5 Galaxy decal design time here while waiting for my family in a cafe today. My thanks to everyone who placed an order in the last two weeks for their patience - your orders will be shipped when I get back to US next week.

I brought a tablet so I could keep working on drawing a few things during downtimes - definitely no heavy lifting. I tried hard not to look for hobby shops or other aviation related venues - until today.

I have just visited an absolutely amazing aviation bookstore called "Maison du Livre Aviation" (on Boulevard Malesherbes, I think they have a Web site). I have not seen such a great collection of aviation books under the same roof for a long time. I managed to get myself out of that place with only a few books and relatively little damage to my credit card, but I think I will visit again this Saturday. There were a few obscure French and German books on early days of USAFE that gave me some new ideas. I also snagged a few issues of Air Fan from the 1980s with fantastic coverage of some USAF units from that period..

Edited by KursadA