Another of my 4 builds. This one will be painted in the early RCN scheme. Dark Gray over Light Gray. I am leaning towards the 1965 scheme with the naval ensign on the tail and the gold and black stripes

I managed to get about 4 pieces glued together on this one so far. The cockpit and the canopy...that is about it.

I should have some pictures posted this coming weekend to show my progress.

Sean

I always love a Grumman aircraft! Well, in this case, designed by Grumman...

With that short nose moment, I wonder how much weight will be required to get it to sit right?

A lot. I usually wedge empty paint bottles  behind the cockpit. Once it was still not enough and I had to lower the arresting hook to keep it all wheels flat.

Don't think the Bonneventure used catapult for the Tracker. I "think" they did it old school. The Banshee would have.

But I wasn't there. I was like 2 then.

Take a look at this video on HMCS BONAVENTURE. Starting at ~5m, it shows a cat launch quite clearly, including the bridle and nose-up attitude sitting on the tail wheel. Either this video or a related video also shows the bridle splashing in the water ahead of the ship, which I didn't know about. Also noted on this or a related video, the Tracker could take off without catapult.

Sorry I can ID all the vids I watched this morning, as Chrome decided my profile needed to be trashed when I went looking at my browsing history. :bandhead2:

Edited by dnl42
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A few weeks of progress on this one. I have it masked and I am currently getting all the little bits finalised for a coat of primer. I managed to pop out BOTH little windows while trying to mask them so I will have to make new ones  at the end. 

022.jpg

023.jpg

025.jpg

027.jpg

014.jpg

017.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Sean

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:18 PM, phantom said:

Don't think the Bonneventure used catapult for the Tracker. I "think" they did it old school. The Banshee would have.

But I wasn't there. I was like 2 then.

When I was on the Coral Sea she usually launched her C-1 via a deck run. I can't remember seeing it shot off a cat, but then they left it in the PI when we went into the I/O so I didn't really see it fly more than four or five times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, ALF18 said:

Looking really nice. Are you happy with the way the wing fold works, and looks?

ALF

I actually finished this kit last week. The wing fold brackets are a little tight, I broke one of them trying to get it installed, but I managed to make it work and I think they look ok OOB.

001.jpg

You can see the full complete thread HERE

Sean

Nice! I have this in my stash. I'll be making a more modern (circa 1979) version of it. I sat in the right seat of one out of Summerside, and flew a circuit and landing. Was interesting, but not my style of aircraft to fly for a living.

ALF

14 minutes ago, ALF18 said:

Nice! I have this in my stash. I'll be making a more modern (circa 1979) version of it. I sat in the right seat of one out of Summerside, and flew a circuit and landing. Was interesting, but not my style of aircraft to fly for a living.

ALF

As long as you take your time and test fit a lot of the parts, it all fits without too much trouble.

Sean