My plan is to build this OOB and use the mike grant decals for aircraft ZZ-A from the Winter testing establishment in 1948, in the Dark Gray over Sky with red wing tips. 

I built one of these before and went all out in details, so this will be a quicky build mounted on a stand. So far I have just glued the cockpit together and the gear doors in place.

Sean

Edited by martin_sam_2000

I have this kit and the trumpeter one. I think I bought them with the idea of combining the hobbycraft fuselage with the trumpy wings. Pretty sure I saw that in an article. Anyhow I can't wait to see more from you

• 2 weeks later...

Some work done on this. I actually have it pretty much assembled at this point. Just the tail hook, canopy and prop in all honesty. Gonna leave it until I get the other three caught up and then start the sanding and priming all together.

004.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

Sean

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I now have this all primed and ready for paint. Since I am a little delayed with the firefly radar, and the painting of the lower RCN grey has to wait till that is sorted, I may paint the sky on this sooner.

I also have to paint the areas that are going to be red white first, so that may be my mission for today....Pictures soon! I promise.

Sean

Some pictures. I got the base white and the red painted. Now I will mask and get the lower sky colour painted. I wont;t be doing that till I get the lower gray done on the firefly and tracker first tho. Maybe during the week.

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Sean

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...