This one will be finished OOB in the RCN scheme of Dark Gray over Light Gray. I may use some Belcher Bits decals if there are any issues with kit decals.

My plan is to have it gear up on a stand, and so far all I have done is glue the gear doors in place and remove some of the resin bits from the stubs. I plan on painting some of the cockpit pieces this weekend.

Sean

Edited by martin_sam_2000
28 minutes ago, phantom said:

Can be a interesting build. I remember mine had some minor fit issues but it was finished. Sadly photobucket ate the photos.

a few min of quick dry fitting shows me its goona be a bit of a PITA to get everythign to line up. no locating tabs and the fuselage halves seem to have a slight warp in them. A few strategically placed styrene tabs, some tape and some progressive gluing should ensure everything lines up. Time will tell I guess. This and the Alpha Jet has me a little worried with fit and finish.

Sean

Some promised pictures. I have the base layer of interior green on it and I am getting all the bits ready that need to be painted black. since the gear are going to be up, I plan to not install the gear bays and just hide the hole with the wheels...hopefully it works.

001.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

Sean

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A few weeks of progress for this update. It is all assembled and I am currently masking it. I had a bt of a set back, while glueing the fuselage together a clamp sprung off and the whoel model shot of the desk and broke apart, all of the resin parts breaking loose. I managed to get it all back together, but things were not 100%. I think I managed to hid most of the issues, but the forward radiator part has broken loose, so I will have to figure something out after it is all painted. Not sure what I will do.

028.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

036.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

041.jpg

045.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Sean

• 1 month later...

I now have this primed and ready for paint. I am just trying to figure out how to mount the radar pylon; All of the resin mounting brackets were broken or missing off the pour stubs. Looking at using some push pins cut down and mounted into small drilled holes.

I will see how that turns out. There are no positive location marks for these so I need to figure out the proper place...that is my goal today.

After that i will start to paint the lower grey colour.

Sean

A few pictures. I got the stand started and the mounts for the radar pod have been glued in place. My super glue turned into a sludge, so there is a bit of cleanup, and once I get new Super Glue, I will do some final glueing and mount the pod bracket.

053.jpg

055.jpg

056.jpg

059.jpg

061.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Sean

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...