They are fantastic, I've bought a lot of them and the finish is amazing.   They are an acrylic lacquer so they do have an odor.   They tend to be gloss which is great, I've stopped using a gloss coat before decals with them.  They are lacquer so they are impervious to an enamel wash.  You can spray very fine lines with them, better than any other paint I've tried.   They also have metallics, including white aluminum, duraluminum, exhaust metal, anodized aluminum, and others.  I think they are even better than Alclad because the pigment actually stays suspended unlike Alclad which can leave residue in an airbrush.  

Here are a couple examples painted with Mr Paint.  

ciUhWDWh.jpg

gtP3DyL.jpg

5 hours ago, louie said:

lots of people are swearing by them. They are, as scooby pointed out, acrylic laquer.  hobbyworld-usa carries them also.

I guess Hobbyworld-usa has an invisible web site. All I get is a blank screen!

Hobbyworld USA is migrating the website to a new host so it is down at the moment, it should be back up in the next day or so.   It is a one man operation, and he is working hard to fix them IT problems the website has experienced.  

It's an acrylic lacquer... think Gunze Mr. Color smell, but with the consistency of Alclad. 

Pre-thinned, idiot-proof. Add to airbrush and spray. 

They lay down incredible smooth and are really thin - surface prep is key. Prep the same way you would if you were going to spray natural metal. 

I started with 1 bottle the manufacturer sent me as a sample, I've not bought another brand of paint since then. 

-Anthony 

26 minutes ago, jabow said:

Squat!!  I use only Water based paints. All this bottle photo says is 'Acrylic Paint'.  Looked for something about 'Flamable' but it's NOT in view.

http://www.redstarscalemodels.com/product-p/mrp103.htm

Once you use these you'll never go back to water based paint!! Just remember spray them at a low pressure <15psi imho and use thin coats.which is reall easy to do. they're are several on line reviews and tutorials on how to use it, My only problem is that there is enough US dealers! Especially if they are out of the color you need! 

1 hour ago, boom175 said:

Once you use these you'll never go back to water based paint!! Just remember spray them at a low pressure <15psi imho and use thin coats.which is reall easy to do. they're are several on line reviews and tutorials on how to use it, My only problem is that there is enough US dealers! Especially if they are out of the color you need! 

That's what I'm afraid of.  I switched to water based acrylic some years ago and said the same thing then, and really still like them.  Just gotta have correct equipment and some experience with them.  

Bo

Let's cut to the Chase!!  Other than Mr. Paint's own thinner what does it thin/clean-up with???  Is it the same type paint a Tamiya's bottle paints??  If so, I use distilled water/ iso alcohol / and Future mixture for Tamiya and all other acrylic paints.  Clean-up with ammonia and water.  Works just fine.  

Will that work with Mr. Paint or does one need lacquer thinner???

Thanks in advance.

Bo

2 minutes ago, jabow said:

Let's cut to the Chase!!  Other than Mr. Paint's own thinner what does it thin/clean-up with???  Is it the same type paint a Tamiya's bottle paints??  If so, I use distilled water/ iso alcohol / and Future mixture for Tamiya and all other acrylic paints.  Clean-up with ammonia and water.  Works just fine.  

Thanks in advance.

Bo

These will not clean up with water. Get yourself a jug of hardware store lacquer thinner, it'll do the job. 

1 minute ago, AnthonyWan said:

These will not clean up with water. Get yourself a jug of hardware store lacquer thinner, it'll do the job. 

Thanks, AnthonyWan.  Again, that's what I avoid.  Don't want that Fire Hazard. Bad enuff with all my other model supplies.

Bo

14 minutes ago, jabow said:

Thanks in advance.

Bo

Mr. Paint is pre-thinned.

Lacquer thinner is needed to clean (the paint is so thin it won't take much to clean your brush). It is more like an ink.