hi gals & guys.

after trasgressing and posting directly on the helo topic, i thought it better to come back to the display case to show you my vietnam trio.

first came the beloved cayuse, a low budget italeri 1/72 kit that had full decals only for one side so far as nose art is concerned. strange omission by italeri indeed.

then i built the classic huey c model and last, the d.

it wasn't really a piece of cake, as first out, the helicopters in 1/72 are goddamn small. then,the "c" unexpectedly is a tail sitter, so as it was tooo late for anything else, i had to put a small bit of blue tac below one skid to have it straight.

when i did the "d" i had to use my ingenuity to install some ballast in the very litttle space below the fore cockpit floor.

also, in all three italeri's kits the fitting of the pilot's doors is rather poor as well as the clear parts in them.

i remember that the skid of the "c" was a sort of a nightmare as it didn't have precise fittings on the fuselage and to glue the skid assembly to it was a real fight.

bythe way, i used those russky print scale decals, and i was hottified when i noticed the misspelling in the tail rotor warning where "keep away" became "keep awEy".

but i had no other choice but use what i had. good thing with small scale is that these sins go often unnoticed...

talked enough.

here are the googlephoto links:

-oh-6: https://goo.gl/photos/bkLSmm4dj6V6Stno7

-uh-1c: https://goo.gl/photos/MXc8EhfRW9Za8Z7SA

-uh-1d: https://goo.gl/photos/1THhxxi6pP4FtcEB8

thanks for watching.

hope you enjoy.

ciao and...happy modeling!

bobo.

• 2 months later...

Nice work on the Italieri choppers. When I did the OH-6 in those markings I used a second decal sheet from another kit to finish the other side. Had to do that again when I did the yellow and green Italian Customs machine in order to get enough green pin striping too. By the way, when my Miss Clawd was posted on another site years ago Mr Mills (the pilot) himself responded and said he liked it but that in reality the skids (not the crossmembers but just the skids) were painted black so next time you have some flat black on a brush you could do a quick update as I certainly did after he told me. I have that Print Scale sheet too and the typo isn't the only problem. A few of those machines have markings on both sides but Print Scale only give markings for one side. Very frustrating.....My C and D both sit on their skids without any extra weight so maybe I was lucky. One of my areas is 1/72 helicopters so it is nice to see some others :thumbsup:

Edited by RCAFFAN

i am honored by both the post of loach driver -a praise from a l.d. on choppers is something, and rcaffan's who seems to be a helo fan.

what a strange thing, rcaffan: same kits, different weights...modeling mysteries...i will have the loach skids black as soon as i finish my delta dagger. thanks for the hint.

and again, thanks to both of you.

best ciaos, and happy modeling!

bobo.