Thanks very much guys - I'm glad it meets with your approval :thumbsup:

So, time for one last WIP update I think before it's finished. I was struggling with ideas on what to do with the ground work until I came across some Tamiya textured surface mats which really worked well here. They're made of card but feel a bit rubbery on the top which works well to help hold models to the base.
So now I have all 3 elements on one display: wood, metal and stone  :thumbsup:

I am still to rig the wings up with some wires which ought to be interesting and finalise the way in which I will get power to the base - something I am still struggling to come up with a suitable plan with. I could just put a battery underneath but then it would literally be just that and ruin the overall look of the base. I'm looking at building a small metal crate to hold a switch and a power socket for mains power. It seems a little bit of over kill to run this off mains, but it would mean I don't have to find a way to hide a 9V battery in such a way that I make it changeable. Anyway, I'm sure I will come up with something in keeping with this

I added a few oil drops (dark wash) to the landing pad to make it look a little more used.

So, enough talking, time for pics:

36657415836_e04ffece2f_c.jpg

36308077970_03dfece6b4_c.jpg

36308045430_4763e7d818_c.jpg

36657343616_85851f374a_c.jpg

36564774341_8dedb299d8_c.jpg

Well, the next time I update this, it should be the finished product!
As always, thanks for looking in and thank you for the appreciation
Kind regards
Si

Thanks guys :)

While I had the camera out I took some night shots of the completed base etc. For those of you who wondered what those protrusions on the sides of the landing pad were, now you shall see:

36697178412_7f2a5c1fa8_c.jpg

36059309973_daea278e76_c.jpg

36728148271_53679d35f9_c.jpg

These will likely be the only lit shots I take as I broke the socket getting the plug in :angry: It'll require major surgery to fix it which I can't be bothered doing right now. It'll be fixed for Expo next year though :thumbsup:

Day light pictures to be taken over the upcoming weekend sorry
Thanks for looking
Si

Thanks guys, glad it meets your approval :) once I'm done with the Yunagi I'm thinking about building the Zvezda Star Destroyer . Not sure yet but I'm getting a hankering to start it. I bought the Falcon hangar set last night and already have the engine bell rubbish chute and shield deflector sets. I think I may also go a bit crazy with some extra surface details as well. Will see how I feel