re are the two sheets in the Wolfpak release for the 2017 IPMS National Convention:

Sheet 72-110, Don’t Call Me Shirley. 

First up is a F-86D in markings of the 97th FIS with noseart and as on display at the National Museum of the USAF.  A side note is the crew chief of this aircraft was a gent with the name of Tom Sawyer.  I had the pleasure of knowing him when he was the owner of a structural steel construction firm.  Next up from a recent deployment is a F-15E in the markings of the 366th Operational Group.  It is followed by a P-40N of the 25th FS.  Also from a recent deployment is the commander’s F-35A of the 388th FW.  From the German Air Force we have an EF-2000 from the Richtofen Squadron.  Finally, a B-25D from the 22nd BG with squadron markings on the tail inspired by the German WWI Flying Circus.

Sheet 72-111, Spirits in the Sky.

This sheet begins with a Vietnam era subject an A-4F from VA-22.  Next are two options for a F-15E of the 391st FS, Bold Tigers.  The first a sharkmouth from OEF.  Note that based on photos of the actual aircraft the sharkmouth is different on the left and right sides of the aircraft.  The decals represent this.  The second option is for a Bold Tiger once again from a recent deployment.  From the 80’s markings for the third F-20 follow.  The Vietnam era subject is the F-4D from the 13th TFS used by Steve Ritchie for his second kill.  Last but not least are two options for the C-17A.  These can be used on the existing Anigrand kit and the forthcoming Kinetic one.  The options are for the “Spirit of John L. Levitow” and “The Spirit of the City of Fairborn.”  Both sheets will go on sale on July 26, 2017.

See you at the Nats. These  sheets will retail for $17.50

http://millcreekconsultants.com/WP72-A-110.html

http://millcreekconsultants.com/WP72-A-111.html

Photobucket went from $0 to $400 to provide 3rd party hosting.  They got $100 from me for just the links only to find that they are slow.  I've updated my website and the links above are to the new sheets.  I will look for a new third party hosting provider and will update if it's affordable.

Mark

Edited by Mark S.
Photobucket

After checking the links I see that you have the correct tail number for Ritchie's jet, unlike another decal manufacturer who is crowing about how accurate their sheet is, when they have the wrong tail number for that jet.

Cheers,

Dennis

Edited by Dennis the peasant

Steve,

Thanks.  It's a bit of marketing.  Certainly the 366th OG's home is at Mountain Home but I routinely like to include in the title the deployed and or transient sites where the photos of the aircraft were taken.  If you look back thru the releases they're full of places like: Bagram, Korat, and Dobodura.

Mark

Slobodan,

Yes,  That's a mistake on the profile.  Thanks for catching it.  The decals are correct and the modex is 310.  Will correct it on the profile before it gets printed and update the website. BTW the decals are in.

Mark

Mark,

Nice variety of markings; it will be nice to have aftermarket options once Airfix releases their B-25 kit later this year.  That is a LOT of mission marks on those Mountain Home Mudhens.

Regards,

Murph 

8 hours ago, Mark S. said:

Steve,

Thanks.  It's a bit of marketing.  Certainly the 366th OG's home is at Mountain Home but I routinely like to include in the title the deployed and or transient sites where the photos of the aircraft were taken.  If you look back thru the releases they're full of places like: Bagram, Korat, and Dobodura.

Mark

Oh I see, thanks for the explanation.  

Steve

2 hours ago, thegoodsgt said:

Oooo, I like the F-20 decals! I have not faith in the decals in the Hasegawa kit in my stash give their age.

And that Michigan F-4...!

Steven Brown

Scale Model Soup

I'm pretty sure that the Hasegawa kit decals (for the normal boxings) are spurious anyway. I have not been able to find any pictures of the second prototype marked as Hasegawa depicts it. It always seems to have the other, larger civil registration on the sides of the aft fuselage.

The first prototype had the smaller registration numbers when it was in the light grey paint scheme, but you can't build the first prototype out of the box.

This sheet should offer the first accurate set of decals for F-20 #3 in 1/72 as far as I am aware.

Cheers,

Hoops

1 hour ago, Paul Boyer said:

Besides the aft framing on the canopy, why not?

I guess it depends on how accurate you want to be.

1. It's not just the framing that's different on the canopy, the profile is different as well, the Actual F-20 canopies being much more bulged and peaking much higher than the standard F-5 canopy. You would need to source a F-5 Canopy from somewhere else, maybe even the one from the X-29 would work. This is the most obvious difference.

2. #1 had the standard F-5 seat

3. #1 had the standard F-5 instrument panel with no MFDs

4. #1 had a large blade antenna on the top of the spine for portions of the program, but not the entire time

5. After looking some more I think that #3 recieved a larger radome later in the testing, ending right in front of the forward blade antenna on the lower fuselage, but the panel line should be good for #1, #2, and early #3.

I'm sure there are some other differences as well, but that is what I've been able to figure out at a minimum.

Hoops

Edited by Hoops
  • 2 weeks later...