There's a 1/700th scale WWII Japanese hospital ship.  It's in the waterline series and not to bad a kit.  It's from Hasegawa, I think.

I thought I heard of a re-release of one of the old box scale hospital ships, but I haven't heard anything since then.

I am more of a 1/350 modern ship guy myself, but perhaps you could look into converting a 1/700 civilian cruise liner or some other civilian ship that was pressed into U.S. service as a hospital ship. I know there were lots of different ship types/classes used as hospital ships. If you could find a 1/700 kit that is at least close to one of these pressed into service ship types/classes then the conversion would be relatively simple I would imagine, especially in the smaller scale. There doesn't seem to be much of any dedicated hospital or mercy ship kits out there in any scale for any era so odds are a conversion will be necessary.

Sorry, not much help.

Good luck!

Regards,

Don

E-Bay lists a few models of hospital ships, mostly the old Revell box scale kits. This might be your only hope unless you can find one at a vendor's table during a contest.