Zvezda is their own tooling, soft detail and panel lines, nose shape is noticeably off.

Best for accuracy and detail is probably Art Model. It looks to be a bit on the short run side of things, so I would be willing to bet that the fit is not amazing.

See this build from Dragan:

23 hours ago, Hoops said:

Zvezda is their own tooling, soft detail and panel lines, nose shape is noticeably off.

Best for accuracy and detail is probably Art Model. It looks to be a bit on the short run side of things, so I would be willing to bet that the fit is not amazing.

See this build from Dragan:

DANG but that's a nice result though!!!!

I guess I'll have to take a look at the Art Model kit!  

For a long while it seemed like the KP kit was the better shaped kit as compared to the Revell and Zvezda kits so I'm probably just going to use that kit with a Pavla cockpit and Susanese decals and call it a day.  To me, the Zvezda and Revell kits are just too wrongly shaped.  While the KP kit will need some TLC with fit and a few details, it should serve my purposes nicely.

Cheers,

WARDOG

Another vote for the ARTmodel kit. Got a couple of 'em in the stash and there's really no better kit available at the moment. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, thegoodsgt said:

I'm holding out hope that Trumpeter  ZVEZDA will eventually get around to doing a new-tool 1/72 Su-25.

Fixed that for you! :coolio: It will fit, it will be nicely detailed and - most of all - it'll have the right shape.

Just thinking about Trumpeter's peculiar thing for botching Sukhoi canopies has me all... :OMG-OMG: