Another IMGUR Question - Resizing

Howdy Fellow Modelers! Like many of us, I also got burned by the recent Photobucket action. Fortunately, I don't think I lost any photos as I would back up to a hard drive whenever I posted something to PB. After reading the many posts here and on some other forums, I just made the move to IMGUR. It looks like it will work well, although I have a funky problem where the separate upload window is very faint and superimposed over the IMGUR background. My problem is getting the image to be resized to something more practical for our forum. I read through the various postings and I cannot find any resizing button when I upload or when the photo is in my IMGUR folder. I can individually edit each photo manually and save it at another size but this is rather slow. Is there any way to automatically resize my photos to something more realistic when I upload the photo or a 1 click method to resize when the photo is already in my folder? People seem to be able to do this but darn if I can see how!

Thanks!

Have fun modeling!

Mike

:cheers:

There is another alternative, not the best but a choice non the less.  You can resize the image you post by modifying the link address.  IMGUR gives you a few options that might be useful in some cases.

If you want to show an image here or anywhere else from imgur.com but the image is too large in size, you might want  to only show a smaller version of the original image. By default, the image dimension the image is served as is the full resolution. To reduce this to a large thumbnail, simply add l ( lowercase L) to the image name.

So if you image URL is https://i.imgur.com/9ZC02Os.jpg, you simply add the l to the image name: https://i.imgur.com/9ZC02Osl.jpg. Now your image is a large thumbnail! (640×640 pixels)

The same can be applied if you need a small square. In this case, you add a s to the image name. And thus, or previous example becomes https://i.imgur.com/9ZC02Oss.jpg with a 90×90 dimension.

Here are all the dimensions and letters to choose from:

• s = Small Square (90×90) as seen in the example above
  • b = Big Square (160×160)
  • t = Small Thumbnail (160×160)
  • m = Medium Thumbnail (320×320)
  • l = Large Thumbnail (640×640) as seen in the example above
  • h = Huge Thumbnail (1024×1024)

2 hours ago, Grey Ghost 531 said:

Choose "edit image", then "Crop/Resize" and then click on the actual number of pixels for height or width and edit the number. If lock proportions is checked it will automatically adjust the other value

Thanks Dave!  :thumbsup: This was the method that I have started to use to change each upload to a more reasonable size. I am now looking for a way to resize my uploads automatically when I upload them into IMGUR so I don't need to do this for each photo  when I do a large number of uploads to IMGUR.

Mike

Thanks Habu! I had not thought of resizing the photos before I upload them. I do have an App to do that on my computer so that migt be a good way to go.

Mike

:cheers:

15 hours ago, habu2 said:

I always resize to a web-appropriate resolution before I upload. It's the bandwidth-friendly thing to do.