The Age of Instant Information

Yesterday. 13 JUL, I was looking at my Email and Opened up a saved Msg from a On-line Hobby Shop that was tracking coming package.  It said Package Status was 'Delivered'.  What??  I didn't get it!!  Then I checked Date Delivered, ... 13 July.  Then checked Time of delivery, .... 12:51 PM.  What???  Looked at my watch and it was 1:01 PM????  Yeah Right!!  

Went and checked my mail-box ..... There it was!!!  only about 8 or 9 minutes had passed!!  Pretty darn cool, huh??

Anyone else have similar story??  One Great thing about retirement!! :thumbsup:

Bo

All delivery services like USPS, UPS, FedEx have this sort of notifications nowadays. Very often I call my wife at home asking her to collect packages at front door as our delivery drivers never knock let alone ring a bell.

I had a shipment coming in from Az. a week ago. Had been tracking it regularly during the 14 day transit and was slowly loosing my patience as it closed in. I was literally sitting in my chair 30 feet from my mailbox when all of a sudden the tracking said the postman had attempted to deliver it 10 minutes ago. We just got new post boxes actually larger than the shipment i had incoming. Here they don`t leave shipments "out in the open" like in the US so i was expecting the shipment to be delivered to the local p.o. office here the very same day as this is only 500 yards away. Oh boy was i annoyed when i had to wait a whole day to get my shipment in hand. And they have a commercial going saying "some are more preoccupied delivering than others" Well that`s a joke. I filed a useless complaint just to let them know this ain`t cutting my butter close enough. Longest 24 hours i`ve had in a while, lol.        

Yeah, that kind of BS has happened to me a few times.

<rant>

Also had them claim delivery for an item that never showed up. Of course, they immediately went to "it must have been stolen." When I explained that another package that they delivered 20m later was waiting for me, they were only momentarily embarrassed before they told me that was too bad for me, I needed to complain to the sender. THREE MONTHS later, I got an email from the shipper asking for the correct address for a badly damaged package returned as "no such address." As you might expect, the address was correct. It was pretty clear they mis-delivered that package. Luckily, the package (Planet Models' 1/48 XF10F Jaguar) survived the USPS's best efforts to lose and/or destroy it. I asked the shipper to send by some other method, and received it a couple of days later.

</rant>