I need some help with some markings on a Wisconsin ANG F-102 seen in this picture:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA-Air-Force/Convair-F-102A-Delta-Dagger-8-10/619209?qsp=eJwtjEsKAkEMBe%2BStYIfUJidXkAXXiAkTx0c7SYJaDPM3e0e3dWrBzWSpFfgE5eSQR052OROC8ps/HTqRnqgvJNpZbou16sN19eTxbFUoxw4iCAH9O9PprB2wWUO3Vp43xB2/q3trk7tPQ88VxDcDzRNX1%2BNLmw%3D

1. What is the # 1 for that is in front US AIR FORCE text, and would it have been on both sides?
  2. Would the lightning bolt on the tank been carried on both sides of the tank?
  3. What is the marking under WISCONSIN on the tail? It is also seen in this picture:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA-Air-Force/Convair-F-102A-Delta-Dagger-8-10/2800089/L?qsp=eJwtjEEKwkAMRe%2BStYJVcNGdXkAXXiAkXy1WZ0gCOpTe3Znq7v334U0k6RX4xKVkUE8ONrnTijIbP536iR4o72Rama7rbrPl%2BnqyOJZqlAMHEeSA/v3JFNYuuCyhWwt3DWHn39rt69TB88hLBcHDSPP8BV6pLmY%3D

Both of these pictures say they were taken in Aug 1974.

I really like the looks and the weathering of the first picture and would like to do my Meng kit in those markings if I can. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ron

The marking under Wisconsin on the tail is a Aerospace Defense Command unit commendation badge used in the 60s-70s. You can see it below. There are two very accurate copies on one of my 1/48 F-101B sheets - it is sold out, but you might have it since you have many of my decals.

McDonnell F-101B Voodoo  tail art 9x6

Edited by KursadA

Funny that you should answer that Kursad! I thought that it might be that and was going to post this on your forum page as well. I know I have it on the 1/72 sheet and that was the scale I needed.

Thanks again for your help and for the awesome decals!

• 1 month later...

Okay, still looking for some help. Does anyone know of some custom decal or custom art work makers. I've used Red Pegasus before, but unfortunately the owner has passed away. I've tried Fighting Piranha Graphics, but got no reply. Fireball Models doesn't do custom work anymore and Draw Decals said they could print me decals, but would need I would have to do the artwork. I'm actually making headway on my F-102 and am getting to the point of needing decals before long so any help would be appreciated. 

You can use Superscale 72-107 if you can find it.

It has markings related to the 1972 William Tell meet, which makes me wonder if the numeral 1 you are asking about may be left over or related to the 1974 meet.  Don't know, just wondering out load.  On the internet. 

Rick L.

181722-14529-37-pristine.jpg

Help with a deuce?  Try introducing more water and fiber in your diet.

You really have to watch your phrasing sometimes, Ron... :taunt:

Are you bringing this to the next meeting?  The plane, of course!

Thanks Rick and Andrew! I didn't know that sheet existed. Andrew, if you are willing to part with them I could use the number "12" and the bureau number for that Wisconsin jet. All the other markings I have through different sheets. I will gladly pay you for them.

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 8:39 PM, Milo said:

Help with a deuce?  Try introducing more water and fiber in your diet.

You really have to watch your phrasing sometimes, Ron... :taunt:

Are you bringing this to the next meeting?  The plane, of course!

I don't think there is enough water to help!

I'll bring what I have got done for the next meeting. See you then. 

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, RCarlson said:

I finally finished something! Hope it's a good representation of the real thing. Thanks again Andrew for sending me the decals I needed.

Tj_DqbVjad0PQu_fjWxMTBlqe7UcVXn8tWAb1uNGEq_W-mUEVBFa3mHceHg8AT2bd7DEsmvj9FJTaT2D

Don't see no pic 🙁

18 minutes ago, habu2 said:

Your url has to have a valid image extension (e.g. jpg or png or bmp....)

If your url is a web page (e.g. html) it won’t link to the image. 

Thanks! I've tried attaching it jpg. Hopefully that will work.