There's only one FJ Fury in 1/48 scale, and it was a limited run company. I want to say it was Czech Models, but I can't recall. I'm assuming you're talking about the straight-winged Fury. That's the FJ. If you want the one that looks like the Sabre, that would be the FJ-3 and the FJ-4. The best and worst (and only) plastic FJ-3 is the ESCI kit. However, Kittyhawk has announced an FJ-3. If you can find the resin Collect Aire kit, it's beautiful. You have a couple of choices for the FJ-4. Grand Phoenix had one, and there is a current Hobbyboss kit, which isn't bad.

Edited by Darren Roberts

Collect Aire also had a resin FJ-1 in 1/48, but it was not one of their better kits. Very thick, heavy resin castings as I recall.

One of my pet peeves is what seems to be an overabundance of kit choices of the FJ-1 (two in 1/48, at least four in 1/72) - an aircraft that had a production run of merely 31, while the FJ-3, production run over 700, had only the poor Esci plastic kit in 1/48 scale (so far - c'mon Kittyhawk!), and only a couple of basic vac conversions and a disappointing resin kit in 1/72 scale. And all those lovely marking schemes! Here's my 1/72 RVHP FJ-3 place holder until a REAL kit comes along:

Furyweb3_zpsjs5dl5zd.jpg

1 hour ago, Darren Roberts said:

There's only one FJ Fury in 1/48 scale, and it was a limited run company. I want to say it was Czech Models, but I can't recall. I'm assuming you're talking about the straight-winged Fury. That's the FJ. If you want the one that looks like the Sabre, that would be the FJ-3 and the FJ-4. The best and worst (and only) plastic FJ-3 is the ESCI kit. However, Kittyhawk has announced an FJ-3. If you can find the resin Collect Aire kit, it's beautiful. You have a couple of choices for the FJ-4. Grand Phoenix had one, and there is a current Hobbyboss kit, which isn't bad.

Yes, it is Czech Models. I have one but it remains unbuilt ;) My main concern is the lack of boxed-in wheel wells.

Jon

It really depends on which version you want. The FJ-1 and FJ-3 (or lack thereof) have been discussed above. You've got a fair selection for the FJ-4/-4B series as well. The old Matchbox kit, the Grand Phoenix and Hobbyboss in 1/48 and I think the Emhar kit is one of your few (only?) mainstream FJ-4 choices in 1/72.

Edited by DonSS3
Clarification

Grand Phoenix released the first mass produced FJ-4. I built it and it makes a nice model. The only bug bear were the resin gear wells. I scraped the wing and resin to tissue thinness to get it all to fit. Hobby Boss has a 48th -4 as well. I never built mine but it looks decent in the box and AMS has aftermarket stuff for it. I also had the collectaire -4 and although I neve built it, it was a very nice model as is the he -3 which I still have. Both have super nice engraving, intakes and nice detail. Forget the old Matchbox mess.

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 9:42 AM, Paul Boyer said:

Collect Aire also had a resin FJ-1 in 1/48, but it was not one of their better kits. Very thick, heavy resin castings as I recall.

One of my pet peeves is what seems to be an overabundance of kit choices of the FJ-1 (two in 1/48, at least four in 1/72) - an aircraft that had a production run of merely 31, while the FJ-3, production run over 700, had only the poor Esci plastic kit in 1/48 scale (so far - c'mon Kittyhawk!), and only a couple of basic vac conversions and a disappointing resin kit in 1/72 scale. And all those lovely marking schemes! Here's my 1/72 RVHP FJ-3 place holder until a REAL kit comes along:

Furyweb3_zpsjs5dl5zd.jpg

Yes, That was always puzzling to me. Kits of the -1 and -4 in 1/48 but no -3 save for the very inaccurate ESCI kit.

I very much like your RVHP Fury. It might have been a pia to build but it certainly looks the part.

Edited by jpk