Airbrushing/paint/florymodels?

So after reading about testers MM paints. I started watching florymodels on YouTube. If I switch to Mr. Paint, will a Iwata eclipse air brush be a good airbrush to use with it? Also what kind of air compressor would you guys recommend? Harbor Freight has some cheap ones, but it's Harbor Freight. Also would you guys reccomend florymodels sanding stick supplies after watching his video on them they look really good.

Mr.Paint sprays great through Iwata Eclipse, I use 0.35 nozzle. Compressor is a matter of preference especially with lack of set budget. My personal preference is the one with receiver. I do use Harbor freight 8 gallons compressor sometimes for higher volume painting and it does it's job as expected being rather noisy though. Can't comment about florymodels sanding stick as I rob similar things off my wife :-)

As far as compressors go, you want something that has a holding tank so the compressor doesn't constantly run and something quiet so it won't wake the dead. Here's what I purchased back in January of 2015 from my local Home Depot. It's a 6.3 gallon 1HP Ultra Quiet and oil-free. I ordered it online, had it shipped to my house and, when it arrived I took the receipt to the store and showed them my military ID and got another 15% off the price. Total was $179.30. It's very quiet, only takes about a minute to fully fill up and works great.

This particular model, #6310, is no longer available but, they have a  similar model that has replaced it.

Steve

IMG_4381_zps3ghzkjoi.jpg

For sanding sticks I go to my local beauty store and grab a fist full for well under what l would pay for similar hobby made sticks. Depending on the size of the store you'd be amazed at the different grades, shapes, and sizes of the sanding sticks. It's probably just my perception but I think they also last longer then those made specifically for hobbies. Haven't done any hard science on that though LOL! I've even found buffing type pads for dirt cheap and they work as good as buffing pads made for hobbies that cost twice (or more).

Just an FYI and not trying to hijack the thread.

Regards,

Don.