3 minutes ago, Berkut said:

Yes. Will depend on your definition of affordable though.

Affordable in comparison to the eye wateringly expensive resin conversions for the Academy Su-27 or the Su-33 conversions that are around.  At a guess, the $70-$90 mark might be worth it with a good set of weapons in the box.

1 hour ago, ching kuo said:

I try with " wind mark conversion kit and a Sol conversion kit " + kit academy Su-27 UB, it's simply impossible to assemble!

Just because someone does not the skillset to take on and complete a complex conversion set, does not make it impossible to build.

https://www.adventurephotomodels.com/models-gallery/sukhoi-su-37-f-terminator/

Steven L :wave: 

I think the Su-30s with canards are the aircraft I MOST want to see kitted in 1/48.  Actually, that makes me wonder, Flanker experts, what exactly are the external differences between the Su-30MKM (Malaysia), Su-30MKI (India), and Su-30SM (Russia)?  

I wonder if it would be feasible for a manufacturer to release a boxing that includes the ability to build any of those three aircraft, since the available schemes of each one by itself would be rather limited?

Baring a few antennas; Su-30SM (Russia and Kazakhstan), Su-30MKA (Algeria), Su-30MKI (India) are all the same externally.

Su-30MKM is the only one that has external differences beyond some antennas; it has SAAB MAWS around the nose, intakes, and on spine + bird splitters;

MKMDETAILA.jpg?fit=1024%2C682

Edited by Berkut
On 17.7.2017 at 1:33 AM, Fighting Eighty-Four said:

Awesome post Berkut, thank you!  Very informative.

So with that information, I think the other Su-30 (SM, MKI, MKA) variants would easily be boxable as one, and likely a separate one for the MKM.

I hope we see this some day, very eager to build an SM in particular.

The details are so few and so small that it could be fairly easily all thrown into one boxing to be honest. But yeah, if they really wanted to milk it that would be a decent way of doing it.