Super Etendard Armada Argentina 1/48 Kinetic

My latest completed model is from Kinetic Models and is a part of the Falklands War

The Super Etendard in 1/48th scale.

The model is OOB,colours From Gunze for lower and upper surfaces and the Final Varnish Model Master Laquer Flat,

Very good kit good overall fitting except from the Windscreen that was a bit tricky cause was 2mm smaller than the Fuselage also with some minor mistakes especially in the AM-39 Missile carrier (completelly wrong!!!) But i will live with that!

Feel free to mention any mistakes.

2017-06-20_08.09.17.jpg2017-06-20_08.09.42.jpg2017-06-20_08.12.07.jpg2017-06-20_08.11.34.jpg2017-06-20_08.11.39.jpg2017-06-20_08.13.07.jpg2017-06-20_08.12.50.jpg2017-06-20_08.09.58.jpg2017-06-20_08.09.29.jpg

Cheers,

George.

4 hours ago, thewildscrotum said:

HI mate, really like the bird!

The weathering is very well done.

How are you outlining the panel lines and hatches (particularly on the underbelly)?

Cheers

Hello!!

About the panel lines i realized a problem when i first saw the Kit, half of it was pretty well engraved but the other Half... was like plain!! So i engraved it just to make it possible to have a pin wash...

I came with a conclusion with the KINETIC kits.... never Buy the first production!!
I have done the same mistake with The EA-6B  and this one... but i was pretty lucky with the F-16I and the SU-33 ..

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2017 at 10:36 AM, thewildscrotum said:

HI mate, really like the bird!

The weathering is very well done.

How are you outlining the panel lines and hatches (particularly on the underbelly)?

Cheers

Lol....I just noticed that user name......awesome.

On 11/8/2017 at 2:22 AM, Mr Matt Foley said:

Very nice George. If there was a weak spot with the kit, what would it be? I'm considering an Super Etendard build.

Weak point is that what ever has to be done open... It is very difficult to close especially the air Brakes.

And also very difficult is the wind screen because in my case it was smaller than the Fuselage...

• 2 weeks later...

Wow came out great, I really need to go get this. It is good to see that the sun symbol on the rudder actually looks like a sun instead of the normal yellow disc that other decal companies seem to think it is.

Out of box is sure fine and I think I will have to go that route. Thanks os much for sharing.

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/8/2017 at 11:02 PM, skyhawk174 said:

Wow came out great, I really need to go get this. It is good to see that the sun symbol on the rudder actually looks like a sun instead of the normal yellow disc that other decal companies seem to think it is.

Out of box is sure fine and I think I will have to go that route. Thanks os much for sharing.

Yeap correct!!

As i recall Airfix had a disc a yellow one with something looking as a sunshine :p  ..

Cartograf really nailed this one!

• 3 weeks later...

G'day George,

You have made a great job of that kit. One (minor) thing I will point out (and you did ask for errors to be pointed out) is that the auxiliary air intake doors are not open on the ground without the engine running. With the engine running and low forward speed e.g taxiing and take off,  these doors are sucked open to allow more air to enter the engine. As speed increases, these doors are closed,

Great model though!

cheers,

Pappy

On 4/10/2017 at 10:46 AM, Pappy121 said:

G'day George,

You have made a great job of that kit. One (minor) thing I will point out (and you did ask for errors to be pointed out) is that the auxiliary air intake doors are not open on the ground without the engine running. With the engine running and low forward speed e.g taxiing and take off,  these doors are sucked open to allow more air to enter the engine. As speed increases, these doors are closed,

Great model though!

cheers,

Pappy

OH! Thank you very much Pappy!!!

Something i didn't notice, in fact i was not awair of it!.

(Is somekind of Air bleed Doors?)

Thank you!

15 hours ago, George_Gian said:

OH! Thank you very much Pappy!!!

Something i didn't notice, in fact i was not awair of it!.

(Is somekind of Air bleed Doors?)

Thank you!

Sort of,

bleed doors  = air goes out

aux inlet doors = air come in

Lovely build !

Pappy