ARC Discussion Forums
George_Gian

Super Etendard Armada Argentina 1/48 Kinetic

My latest completed model is from Kinetic Models and is a part of the Falklands War

The Super Etendard in 1/48th scale.

The model is OOB,colours From Gunze for lower and upper surfaces and the Final Varnish Model Master Laquer Flat,

Very good kit good overall fitting except from the Windscreen that was a bit tricky cause was 2mm smaller than the Fuselage also with some minor mistakes especially in the AM-39 Missile carrier (completelly wrong!!!) But i will live with that!

Feel free to mention any mistakes.

2017-06-20_08.09.17.jpg2017-06-20_08.09.42.jpg2017-06-20_08.12.07.jpg2017-06-20_08.11.34.jpg2017-06-20_08.11.39.jpg2017-06-20_08.13.07.jpg2017-06-20_08.12.50.jpg2017-06-20_08.09.58.jpg2017-06-20_08.09.29.jpg

Cheers,

George.

HI mate, really like the bird!

The weathering is very well done.

How are you outlining the panel lines and hatches (particularly on the underbelly)?

Cheers

4 hours ago, thewildscrotum said:

How are you outlining the panel lines and hatches (particularly on the underbelly)?

Cheers

Hello!!

About the panel lines i realized a problem when i first saw the Kit, half of it was pretty well engraved but the other Half... was like plain!! So i engraved it just to make it possible to have a pin wash...

I came with a conclusion with the KINETIC kits.... never Buy the first production!!
I have done the same mistake with The EA-6B  and this one... but i was pretty lucky with the F-16I and the SU-33 ..

Very nice George. If there was a weak spot with the kit, what would it be? I'm considering an Super Etendard build.

On 7/28/2017 at 10:36 AM, thewildscrotum said:

Cheers

Lol....I just noticed that user name......awesome.

On 11/8/2017 at 2:22 AM, Mr Matt Foley said:

Very nice George. If there was a weak spot with the kit, what would it be? I'm considering an Super Etendard build.

Weak point is that what ever has to be done open... It is very difficult to close especially the air Brakes.

And also very difficult is the wind screen because in my case it was smaller than the Fuselage...