Kinetic's 1/32 BAE Hawk 100 as an RCAF CT155 from NFTC

Really enjoyed building this kit; even with its challenges. It definitely pushed me to improve my filling/blending skills. The kit came with CMK seats when I purchased it. I replaced the exhaust (which came in two halves) with styrene tubing and added FOD covers. The MDC was made from shaped brass wire; no doubt a little thick for the scale but I don't find it takes away from the overall build.

19264388_1360467350706630_72931197932907

Edited by Henry Wong
1 hour ago, Henry Wong said:

Thank you Craig; and yes I agree, the dark blue and contrasting stencils really make this plane a stand out.

Well I will agree about the blue and contrasting markings, but I was referring to the long nose of this version with the AIM 9 rails on the wingtips.

10 minutes ago, Craig Baldwin said:

Well I will agree about the blue and contrasting markings, but I was referring to the long nose of this version with the AIM 9 rails on the wingtips.

Ah yes, I see. I have the 1/32 Revell kit in my stash, looking forward to building that one for a side by side comparison.

Wow nice model Henry. Very nicely done. After seeing yours I don't know why I am putting off picking up one of these. Well maybe because i build in 1/48 and this is 1/32nd but I think it might not be too big even in that scale.

I have even been beside the real aircraft up at CFB Cold Lake in their hanger as well as along side the runway when they were heading off for flights. Such a beautiful aircraft.

Thanks so much for posting. I will go find one at a decent price. And now that Caracal has decals coming for the anniversary scheme in this scale I think it is a no brainer.

11 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

Wow nice model Henry. Very nicely done. After seeing yours I don't know why I am putting off picking up one of these. Well maybe because i build in 1/48 and this is 1/32nd but I think it might not be too big even in that scale.

I have even been beside the real aircraft up at CFB Cold Lake in their hanger as well as along side the runway when they were heading off for flights. Such a beautiful aircraft.

Thanks so much for posting. I will go find one at a decent price. And now that Caracal has decals coming for the anniversary scheme in this scale I think it is a no brainer.

Thank you for the kind words! Yes, 1/32 is actually a really nice size for this particular aircraft and the Kinetic kit builds into a handsome model. The only areas that I had to pay a little extra attention to were the fit of the wing roots and around the intakes. Otherwise it's quite straight forward and the markings are nicely done. Highly recommend it for a Canadian collection :)