Werner's Wings UH-1D/H Decals for Kitty Hawk kit PREVIEW

Here is an IN PROGRESS shot of the latest WW Decals 48-14 and WW Decals 48-15. 

All the artwork is done by Mason Doupnik with Ray Wilhite's help.

WW Decals 48-11 has markings for 12, (Wait now 13) aircraft, including two MOH awardees, Crandall and Novosel. An aircraft preview sheet will be out soon.

Some of you will notice that there are aircraft markings on the stencil sheet. They are the corrected markings for the Kitty Hawk marking options. While I didn't have anything to do with the decals except to select the aircraft and provide the markings. They didn't do as good a job as I thought they should. I still felt I needed to make them correct. So we included correct markings for the four aircraft on the kit sheet. We also included an additional aircraft for Bikini Blue aircraft where you just add the blue bikini over the red one and cut off the Bikini Red writing and add our decal.

Our goal is to have them available by 30 August along with the new resin pieces. No pricing yet but probably $16 and $8.

Stay tuned.

Pay no attention to the Air Force numbers at the bottom.  They are corrected decals for the F-4 Phantom sheet we put out, there was an error on it.  Hey we are not flawless, but we do fix what we mess up.

qHHFEeR.jpg

0dmDLHm.jpg

Edited by Floyd S. Werner, Jr.
7 hours ago, strikeeagle801 said:

You don't "win" the MOH Floyd...

Aaron 

I am quite sure Floyd is well aware of that as no one wins any military metals in service including the MOH, it's not America Idol after all but it does hit the ear better when saying winner vs awardee. 

11 hours ago, strikeeagle801 said:

You don't "win" the MOH Floyd...

Aaron 

I'm aware of that but can't figure out the correct term.  Earned, awarded, carried your balls in a wheel barrel..none of them seem to fit the situation.  Better?  Edited the original post

Floyd

Edited by Floyd S. Werner, Jr.

I owe you an apology Floyd. I should not have jumped on you about that. I'm sorry. There really is no way to describe what these brave men do when the receive the MoH. Having met Crandall in person, and heard some of his story (and read the rest) I can tell you the only contest he "won" that day was the one for his survival. Regardless, I should have kept my virtual mouth shut, and I meant no offense. 

Aaron 

5 hours ago, strikeeagle801 said:

I owe you an apology Floyd. I should not have jumped on you about that. I'm sorry. There really is no way to describe what these brave men do when the receive the MoH. Having met Crandall in person, and heard some of his story (and read the rest) I can tell you the only contest he "won" that day was the one for his survival. Regardless, I should have kept my virtual mouth shut, and I meant no offense. 

Aaron 

No apology necessary.  I need to choose my terms better.  I've also met Crandall, Moore and Joe Galloway all great men.  It is always a humbling experience when meeting such great men.  It is hard to put it into words.  Heroes comes to mind but it doesn't do them justice.  I know they don't win anything.  They earned it.  Again it's hard to put into words. 

Floyd

Having attended the Congressional Medal of Honor Society meeting in Pueblo CO about ten years ago, I got the skinny on the preferred nomenclature.  When you have been awarded the Medal of Honor, you are a "recipient".  The citation describes the events for which they "received" the Medal of Honor.  Recipients really don't like the term "won".   Some don't much care for the term "earned" because most of them are quick to acknowledge that whatever they did to receive the Medal of Honor wasn't any braver or more heroic than other things that many of their comrades did in combat as well.  They just happened to be recognized for it.  Often recipients will state that while they received the Medal of Honor, it is a tribute to their comrades or unit and not just themselves.  The humility of many of these men is as great as their heroism.

3 hours ago, robert61267 said:

These look super! I hope we'll see more Huey decals. With Fireball no longer producing, there is a definite need for more Huey decals.

Bob

My plan is to have at least three Huey sheets.  This one is Vietnam.  The next will be a mix of Vietnam up to Desert Storm, mostly US.  The third sheet will be all foreign users.  

Floyd

6 minutes ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

My plan is to have at least three Huey sheets.  This one is Vietnam.  The next will be a mix of Vietnam up to Desert Storm, mostly US.  The third sheet will be all foreign users.  

Floyd

I will definitly get the 3 sets. Cant wait!

Rod.

9 hours ago, robert61267 said:

That sounds wonderful. Some civilian/government/agency users wouldn't be bad, either, if there is enough call for them. You can never have enough Hueys!

I believe there is an Air America Huey on the second sheet already. The one that shot down the An-2 Colt.

Floyd