Werner's Wings UH-1D/H Resin Parts Coming soon

This is just a preview of IN PROGRESS CAD pieces that Pete Hamann is doing for us.  Ray and I are correcting the pieces you see here.  Since the Fireball Modelworks resin pieces are no longer available and they are not fitted for the Kitty Hawk kit we decided to do them ourselves.  These are brand new pieces and not copies designed to fit the KH kit.  All the CAD is done by Pete.  No time or pricing on availability yet.  Look for some of them around the end of August.  I'm still deciding how to break the sets down.  The IPS will be a separate item.  There may be an upgrade set which will have the WSPS, APR-39 antennas and some other things.  Then there may be an Anti-Strella set.  Again this is all developing. 

We are working on decals for these sets as soon as we finish up the Vietnam era sheet and a 1/32nd scale sheet of our F-4 decals.  The next decal sheet will be Vietnam and Post-Vietnam US Hueys and maybe some others, but mostly US.  Think Navy, National Guard, Hohenfels OC and OPFOR aircraft, Alaska, UN, and a few others.  At the moment I have markings for 25 aircraft on this sheet.  That may have to be cut down but we'll see.  More colors equals more costs.

Then we'll work on a foreign Huey sheet.  El Salvador, Germany, New Zealand, Australia (actually there are two on the Vietnam sheet), and any others that mean things to others.  Anybody with Bushranger modification drawings would be appreciated.  I'd love to do the resin pieces for this if the Aussie companies don't jump on it.  Hint, hint Black Ops. 

So if you fall into either of those catagories contact me at fwernerjr@comcast.net or info@wernerswings.com   No promises but if you don't share what you have how will I know what you want. 

Remember these are IN PROGRESS and not the final product.  Not all of the pieces are show either.

oUDdfNM.jpg

gXMs0W5.jpg

1 minute ago, salvador001 said:

Im in for at least 4 sets of the ASE.

Thanks for including the El Salvador Hueys, i will send you more info to your mail.

Thanks!!

Rod.

Send him the Bunny huey, It will be the first huey I will do! with the KH once I can afford one:crying::crying:

• 2 weeks later...

No expert but I don't think you need this set or at least most of it, only the wire cutters seem appropriate.

Looking at some additional photos, it will depend on the year and airframe if the set is needed. I first looked at 420, then 417 and 418, when I made the statement. Not sure what year the decals are for as the logo has changed a few times. 

I assume by Floyd adding the wire cutters, they are not in the box,  as I have not studied all the kit parts.

Edited by Tank
9 hours ago, robert61267 said:

Awesome. Any idea on whether this will be suitable for a NASA UH-1H, like this guy?

http://www.shopdrawdecal.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=48-Huey-1

That's a very pretty NASA Huey!

Bob

I think most if not all on that sheet are Huey IIs.  Wire cutters and APR39s..maybe the partical separator can be used, depending on what ship you do.  

On 8/5/2017 at 5:46 AM, Tank said:

No expert but I don't think you need this set or at least most of it, only the wire cutters seem appropriate.

Looking at some additional photos, it will depend on the year and airframe if the set is needed. I first looked at 420, then 417 and 418, when I made the statement. Not sure what year the decals are for as the logo has changed a few times. 

I assume by Floyd adding the wire cutters, they are not in the box,  as I have not studied all the kit parts.

Some examples,

Need the set

NASA Bell UH-1H Huey II N416NA 62-2064 @ KSC Visitors Center

Don't need the set

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/000033358L.html

HTH

Edited by Tank

Only the upper wire cutters are in the box, so technically you'd need the lower ones for either option.  Floyd's set will have both the upper and lower blades.  N416NA is a Huey II though and there is currently no way to build it accurately from the KH kit even with the Werner's Wings ASE upgrade set.  The Huey II has 212 blades, wide cord tail rotor blades and the position lights on either side of the tailboom.

Ray

To build a Huey II from the Kitty Hawk UH-1D you need to grab the Revell AH-1F tail rotor system and the Italeri UH-1D main rotor blades, but you still need to scratchbuilt the baggage compartment on the tail boom. I might build one soon,

Rod.

3 hours ago, salvador001 said:

To build a Huey II from the Kitty Hawk UH-1D you need to grab the Revell AH-1F tail rotor system and the Italeri UH-1D main rotor blades, but you still need to scratchbuilt the baggage compartment on the tail boom. I might build one soon,

Rod.

You would need the Italeri UH-1D/H/N tail rotor as well, Rod.  The only part of the Huey II with any relationship to the AH-1F is the L703 engine.  Honestly, while not as accurate, it is easier to get to a Huey II from the Italeri UH-1D/H kit than starting with the Kitty Hawk one. And you get the luggage compartment.

Ray

Youre right Ray, i almost forgot that you also need the 90 degree gearbox from the Italeri UH-1D as that one is identical to a 212 box. The standard UH-1H gearbox is different.

If you guys have the kitty hawk and italeri hueys, they you can build a Huey II.

Rod.

Not sure if it's the case for all Huey IIs, or optional as with the 212 nose, but the NASA bird above (and majority I've seen) use the 212 tail boom.

I'm aware that there are plenty of 'Super Hueys' out there with the majority of Huey II upgrades fitted but which utilise the UH-1H tail boom, though unsure as to the rule (or not) regarding 'official' Huey IIs.

5 hours ago, RGS said:

Not sure if it's the case for all Huey IIs, or optional as with the 212 nose, but the NASA bird above (and majority I've seen) use the 212 tail boom.

I'm aware that there are plenty of 'Super Hueys' out there with the majority of Huey II upgrades fitted but which utilise the UH-1H tail boom, though unsure as to the rule (or not) regarding 'official' Huey IIs.

The Huey II is the only OEM approved upgrade of the UH-1H.  Only the fuselage, refurbished armored seats and maybe some instruments from the original UH-1H is retained.  The Huey II uses the L703 engine common to the AH-1F Cobra, a 212 main rotor, tail rotor, transmission, drivetrain and tailboom.  Control Cables form the UH-1H are replaced with push pull tubes from the 212.  The pointed 212 nose and MFDs are customer options as is armored floor panels, hoist, etc.  The Huey II is a zero hour aircraft off the upgrade line.  She is the legend perfected!

Ray  

53 minutes ago, huey_crew_chief said:

I think NASA still had a few standard Uh-1Hs.  Not sure how big the fleet his, but from what I remember it was about 50/50 a year or two ago.  Any way to find this out? 

Last i knew NASA had 3 Huey IIs and I believe the one high skid UH-1H that was pained black.  If there are any others, I have missed them.

Ray 

8 minutes ago, huey_crew_chief said:

I think NASA still had a few standard Uh-1Hs.  Not sure how big the fleet his, but from what I remember it was about 50/50 a year or two ago.  Any way to find this out? 

18 minutes ago, rotorwash said:

Last i knew NASA had 3 Huey IIs and I believe the one high skid UH-1H that was pained black.  If there are any others, I have missed them.

Ray 

AFAIK:

N416NA, N418NA & N419NA all appear to be Huey IIs.

The black one (ex-SOTAS, UH-1H) was N535NA, but looks to have been re-registered as N433NA (still NASA).

N417NA "Iron Horse" was still flying in 2013 (as UH-1H) with NASA livery, though possibly no longer owned by NASA either at that time or now?

32 minutes ago, rotorwash said:

The Huey II is the only OEM approved upgrade of the UH-1H.  Only the fuselage, refurbished armored seats and maybe some instruments from the original UH-1H is retained.  The Huey II uses the L703 engine common to the AH-1F Cobra, a 212 main rotor, tail rotor, transmission, drivetrain and tailboom.  Control Cables form the UH-1H are replaced with push pull tubes from the 212.  The pointed 212 nose and MFDs are customer options as is armored floor panels, hoist, etc.  The Huey II is a zero hour aircraft off the upgrade line.  She is the legend perfected!

Ray  

Thanks, Ray. Wasn't previously 100% on the tail boom.