Fourth entry into my Wild Weasel lineup (already have F-100F, EF-105F and F-16CJ).  Hasegawa 1/72 with Eduard cockpit panels, True Details seats and Master brass pitot probes along with Wolfpak decals.

Special thing about this (to me, anyway) is the loadout.

-HARMS from the Tamiya F-16CJ along with their pylon mountsT

-IR Mavericks modified from the Hasegawa weapons set on partly-scratchbuilt launch rails

-ALQ-131 on a scratchbuilt adaptor

-Sparrows in the aft wells

KQsE3Ps.jpg

IgfaO6Y.jpg

QV4R3nt.jpg

Lp2Ri9g.jpg

GXCMliF.jpg

U7qcFCG.jpg

majS3oO.jpg

Z3C4yzm.jpg

fIIeuij.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Andrew,

Fist order of business, Great Job 👍Cool research on the load out .😎

Second order of business, who's decals / stencil did you use on the  AIM-7 Sparow's ❓

Again great job,

Mr.Happy (In name only)

• 2 weeks later...

I really like it. But some critique:

1. It could just be the pictures, but the paint on the fuselage sides looks rough 

2. The gunship grey/neutral grey demarcation is a hard edge on the nose section from pics I've seen and a softer edge in the intakes. You got the intakes right, but you continued with the softer edge on the nose section.

3. From your pictures, it looks like you used the older style centerline tank. By 91, I believe the USAF Phantoms had switched over to the F-15 style tank.

Otherwise, a fine and clean build!

25 minutes ago, picknpluck said:

I really like it. But some critique:

1. It could just be the pictures, but the paint on the fuselage sides looks rough 

2. The gunship grey/neutral grey demarcation is a hard edge on the nose section from pics I've seen and a softer edge in the intakes. You got the intakes right, but you continued with the softer edge on the nose section.

3. From your pictures, it looks like you used the older style centerline tank. By 91, I believe the USAF Phantoms had switched over to the F-15 style tank.

Otherwise, a fine and clean build!

Thank you! Yeah, I'm no photographer, doesn't help.

Regarding #2, on this particular bird it was a soft sprayed edge on the forward fuselage, so in this case it is accurate (see photo below). As far as the tank, I was under the impression that was the correct tank, but I could very well be wrong.

Thanks again!

69-0244_6.jpg