Kinetci Mirage 2000N discontinued?

HI,

Just went to mo local hobbyshop and he asked me about a few kits I have on order. When I got back home I started looking for those kit sonloine, but can't find the Kinetic 48th scale Mirage 2000N ..

So has it been discontinued?

Harald

Edited by PhantomPhreakII

Lucky Models (who is related to Kinetic) has it listed as on backorder, so it is either discontinued or it is awaiting another production run. However, Spure Bros. lists as being in stock.

Edited by madmanrick
20 hours ago, madmanrick said:

Lucky Models (who is related to Kinetic) has it listed as on backorder, so it is either discontinued or it is awaiting another production run. However, Spure Bros. lists as being in stock.

Dear all

As we are relocating our production plant from previous subcontractor to our own in house production facilities, we have been suspending some reproduction during the transition. 

All tooling just relocated and new injection facilities in place, let rock and roll ! 

21 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

Dear all

As we are relocating our production plant from previous subcontractor to our own in house production facilities, we have been suspending some reproduction during the transition. 

All tooling just relocated and new injection facilities in place, let rock and roll ! 

Cool.. thanks for the heads up Raymond

Harald

23 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

Dear all

Congrats Raymond! Looking forward to seeing new kits without Kinetic having their hands tied to sub-contractors.

23 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

Dear all

So does this mean Kinetic will re produce Mirage 2000 series jets in new tooling? There are some basic flaws in current Kinetic/Italeri Mirage 2000s. 

41 minutes ago, stalal said:

So does this mean Kinetic will re produce Mirage 2000 series jets in new tooling? There are some basic flaws in current Kinetic/Italeri Mirage 2000s. 

I know Raymond has explained before that the Mirage 2000 (of which I am about to embark on a detailed build of the 2000D) as well as the F-16 series were the "1st generation" or "1st Phase" of Kinetic kits. My guess is that we will not see them re-tool the basics of the model with the exception of new decals?

53 minutes ago, stalal said:

No.  It means they are re-locating the tooling from the old, outsourced production plant to a new, in-house production plant.  Now that it's at the new production plant, they will resume production of kits that have gone out of stock.