1/48 Hobby Boss, vs Kittyhawk, vs Academy Su-27 Family Question

AMUR Reaver just released what look like some very nice thrust vectoring Saturn engines.  I believe they are sized to the Hobby Boss Flanker kits.  

I ordered two sets.  One for the Kittyhawk Su-35 (on order) and one for an Academy Su-30.  

The aperture to accept the nozzles on the Academy kit are about 25 mm.  AMUR says that they'll fit the Academy kit with some modification.  

How much of a difference is there in the openings between each kit?  How much of a drop-fit will they be (if HB is the standard for which they were manufactured for)?

Thanks,

Chris

From A.M.U.R. Su27 exhaust description (also made for HobbyBoss kit):

"For use with models produced by Kinetic or Academy, it is necessary to refine the plastic parts of the fuselage – increasing the diameter of the nacelle engines by approximately 0.5-0.7 mm.

For the Su-34 model of Hobbyboss, the diameter of the nacelle should be reduced by 1 mm."

On 22.07.2017 at 1:50 PM, swimmer25k said:

One for the Kittyhawk Su-35 (on order) and one for an Academy Su-30.

Chris, did you order vectoring thrust (Su-35) sets for both models? If you need usual AL-31F nozzles for Su-30 we'll release them soon. They will fit to Academy Su-27/30 and Kinetic Su-33 without any modification.

13 hours ago, Alex Matvey said:

Chris, did you order vectoring thrust (Su-35) sets for both models? If you need usual AL-31F nozzles for Su-30 we'll release them soon. They will fit to Academy Su-27/30 and Kinetic Su-33 without any modification.

I did order two sets.  One for the Su-35 and the other to use on an Academy Su-30MKI conversion I've been messing with. Are you making a separate swiveled nozzle set to fit the Academy kit?

Chris

On 25.07.2017 at 4:12 AM, swimmer25k said:

Are you making a separate swiveled nozzle set to fit the Academy kit?

Oh, no. I think there is no sense to make them for Academy, but I'll try to help you, making some "how to" prescriptions for existing sets. 

On 7/25/2017 at 5:49 PM, Alex Matvey said:

Oh, no. I think there is no sense to make them for Academy, but I'll try to help you, making some "how to" prescriptions for existing sets. 

Thanks Alex. 

Ive already modified some Aires nozzles that look pretty good on the Academy kit. The Academy opening on the fuselage is about 25mm.  What is the diameter of your nozzles where they meet the fuselage?  If your parts are wider, it should be easy to sand them down to fit.