Hobbyboss 1/72 CF-18A 425 Sq CAF

Nice scheme Martin,  I built the Hobby Boss twin seater a few years back and while the cockpit detail leaves a lot to be desired (no control sticks or instrument panel detail and very basic seats!) it builds pretty quickly and fit is pretty good.

:popcorn:

On 7/26/2017 at 9:44 AM, ALF18 said:

Love those decals! Nice to see how the Hobby Boss kit looks in that scale.

ALF

Hopefully won't keep you waiting too long Thanks for looking 

Martin H

6 hours ago, ALF18 said:

Are you going to assemble it clean, with no external stores? If so, you might want to fill those big holes for the 5 pylons.

ALF

ALF I was leaving my options open but as it seems most Demo aircraft were clean the holes have been filled Thanks for looking 

Martin H

• 2 weeks later...

Evening All 

A ittlle progress Holes for the under wing stores have been filled . I drilled out a hole for the search light It will be filled with Crystal Clear later. Hope to have the top colour on tomorrow Thanks for looking 

Martin H

LNK3fGJ.jpg

Martin,

Not a whole lot of detail in the gear wells, is there?

I like your thoughts for the search light.  Just an idea for an added bit of realism there, if I may?  Use just enough gap filling super glue to  fill the hole.  Let it cure and harden completely.  Paint the hardened CA silver and let it dry.  Once dry, add the Crystal Clear on top of that.  It should provide the illusion of the light inside the housing, like this (cursor on link, right click, Open Link in New Window):

https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=647&q=cf-18+spot+light&oq=cf-18+spot+light&gs_l=img.3...1217.4747.0.5853.16.16.0.0.0.0.95.1127.16.16.0....0...1.1.64.img..0.8.624...0j0i8i30k1j0i24k1.9lsG-rfRfe4#imgrc=vMu-fX_7XAogRM:

Just a thought.  Look forward to seeing more.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Great job on the decals. You could have made all kinds of mistakes with older, large, decals like that, but you've done a superb job of laying them down cleanly. Even the little vertical stab braces are seated nicely around the decals.

Keep it up!

ALF

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Merry Christmas everyone Sorry for lack of updates The u/c legs are on Getting close now only fitting of wheels canopy searchlight and touch up to go .

All gear doors needed trimming and filing to fit Nothing major 

Martin H

rLdLU82.jpg