Hello all,

I was wondering if any paint manufacturer makes sets of paint for World War II ships? I have a 1/350 Tribal-Class HMCS Huron on the way and a Fletcher Destroyer that I just primed was looking at the various Vallejo paint sets for other WWII subjects but there's nothing for the Royal Navy/RCN or USN. I generally use Tamiya but it gets old having to constantly mix colors. If no paint sets, does anyone make RN premixed colors in acrylic?

Thanks!

Regards,

Don

Edited by Don
  • 2 weeks later...

LifeColor makes a Western Approaches set: LifeColor Royal Navy WWII Western Approach - Late War Set 2 (22ml x 6). Includes UA 637 Hull Red, UA 638 W.A Blue, UA 639 W.A Green, UA 640 White, UA 641 Semtex Green, UA 642 Corticene.

https://www.scalewarship.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=573

The White (UA 640) is a bit of a bear to get to lay down nicely.  All the others are very good.

I'm building the 1/72 scale Revell Flower Class Corvette at the moment - have had to go back and order more white a few times!

Graham

5 hours ago, GSymmonds said:

LifeColor makes a Western Approaches set: LifeColor Royal Navy WWII Western Approach - Late War Set 2 (22ml x 6). Includes UA 637 Hull Red, UA 638 W.A Blue, UA 639 W.A Green, UA 640 White, UA 641 Semtex Green, UA 642 Corticene.

https://www.scalewarship.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=573

The White (UA 640) is a bit of a bear to get to lay down nicely.  All the others are very good.

I'm building the 1/72 scale Revell Flower Class Corvette at the moment - have had to go back and order more white a few times!

Graham

Wow that's exactly what I need for my HMCS Huron! Many thanks!

Cheers!

Don.

EDIT: I have no idea why this is in bold lettering... sorry...

Edited by Don