F-15e Strike Eagle Weapons loadout

43 minutes ago, BoeingDriver said:

If that's the case, Strikes are famous for "bastard loads".  If it's a legal config, they will fly it.  This one has always been a personal favorite:

0019b.jpg

This pic is from 2001, but the load has recently been flown w/an AGM-130.

One of my favorites too. GBU-15/AGM-130 on wing station, GBU-24 opposite LCT/RCT-2 station with a fuel tank same side wing pylon. You can't see it in the pic, but the missile outboard of the GBU-15 would be a Sidewinder...AIM-120A/B's can't be loaded when a GBU-15/AGM-130 is.

Another variation on that one, is you can add two GBU-12's onto the front CFT pylons same side as the GBU-15. 

Aaron 

Edited by strikeeagle801
8 hours ago, BoeingDriver said:

If that's the case, Strikes are famous for "bastard loads".  If it's a legal config, they will fly it.  This one has always been a personal favorite:

0019b.jpg

This pic is from 2001, but the load has recently been flown w/an AGM-130.

Which weapon is on the wing pylon and is that an IDLP pod on the centreline? 

1 hour ago, stalal said:

Which weapon is on the wing pylon and is that an IDLP pod on the centreline? 

In that particular picture is a GBU-15. The AGM-130 (a GBU-15 w/an AIM-7 rocket motor attached) is more appropriate for OIF. And yes, the GBU-15/AGM-130 data link pod.  Also there is a GBU-24 on the left CFT.

So finding that DLP/IDLP pod in 1/48 is the next challenge then.

I dont think I have seen this pod in any weapons set. 

Edit : Revell kit, which I m building has the data link pod I m looking for. 

https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/7/5/3/467753-90-instructions.pdf

Step 47c.

Edited by stalal

Whelp is they didn't toy around with the drop tank there is no need to pull an F-111 accurate drop tank question anymore,found also this album

With some other Hi-Res pics uploaded on Wikimedia,also I'm going to ask to some spotters that were around X Deci during Spring Flag 2006 and ask if they have anything to share.

Sorry for the OT and ofc the world is still in the need of clear WRM drop tank pics as Phobucket killed everything and I only see the very same pictures from 10 years or so ago :-\

Luigi

It is a RAM air inlet for cooling the primary heat exchanger which cools the bleed air from the engines for the Environmental Control System. Some CFT's have door which opens some have the inlet you have pictured. Look at F-15A and C's you will see the door also in the same area of the fuselage.

9 hours ago, stalal said:

What is part 40a in this step? It seems like some kind of intake. Is it optional or every Strike Eagle has it?

f15e step 46.JPG

That scoop is for F100-PW-229 and GE F110 powered jets.  Check your references of which jet and base you're doing.

From what I could find on F-15E.info the first 229 powered F-15E was 90-0233.  So I'm assuming (might be wrong) that every US Strike eagle after that was powered with that engine and there for also had the scope on the side of the CFT. 

36 minutes ago, achterkirch said:

From what I could find on F-15E.info the first 229 powered F-15E was 90-0233.  So I'm assuming (might be wrong) that every US Strike eagle after that was powered with that engine and there for also had the scope on the side of the CFT. 

^^^THIS^^^

MO - "Bold Tigers" only

LN

WA

Have 229's.

So I m planning to build one of the jets covered in this decal sheet. 

Two Bobs 48-068 F-15E Saddam Hunters

http://www.twobobs.net/contents/en-us/p158.html

To me it seems these planes do have scoops. The link below explains the differences and the necessity of scoop on the fuel tank. It also lists which squadron is flying an Eagle equipped with a particular engine. 

http://www.f-15e.info/joomla/technology/engines/101-engines

5 hours ago, BoeingDriver said:

That scoop is for F100-PW-229 and GE F110 powered jets.  Check your references of which jet and base you're doing.

I would still like experts to weigh in if the plane I m planning to build do carry this scoop. 

Edited by stalal
2 hours ago, stalal said:

So I m planning to build one of the jets covered in this decal sheet. 

Two Bobs 48-068 F-15E Saddam Hunters

http://www.twobobs.net/contents/en-us/p158.html

To me it seems these planes do have scoops. The link below explains the differences and the necessity of scoop on the fuel tank. It also lists which squadron is flying an Eagle equipped with a particular engine. 

http://www.f-15e.info/joomla/technology/engines/101-engines

I would still like experts to weigh in if the plane I m planning to build do carry this scoop. 

I promise you NO "scoops".  Officially called ECS Ram Air Inlet.  ALL SJ jets are 220 powered. so NO scoop.  Those have an ECS door that closes at .80 Mach.  How do I know you may ask?  If removed and replaced about 10 of those doors. :D

Edited by BoeingDriver
4 hours ago, achterkirch said:

As far as I remember it was only on F100-PW-229 and GE powered strike eagles. the GE powered ones being for export only (non US operated). 

Those scoops are indeed on GE jets.  

Even though the CFT isn't installed, the scoop's will ALWAYS be attached...same for 229's.

5-2013-1-f-15sa-first-flight (1).jpg

Edited by BoeingDriver
On 8/2/2017 at 6:09 PM, stalal said:

They have. And I'll add my 2 cents. All jets on that sheet are from Seymour Johnson AFB. All Seymour jets are powered by the F100-PW-220 engines. The airframes at SJ are the oldest in the fleet, and most have spent their entire "lives" at that base...Maybe switching between squadrons, maybe not. The newest jets are at Lakenheath.

The air intakes and ram air inlets provide enough air for the 220 engines to allow them to operate at peak efficiency AND allow enough bleed air to provide for the ECS. The -229's require more air, so the scoops were added to force more air into the bleed sections of the engines, thus allowing for the ECS to be taken care of that way. 

Aaron 

Edited by strikeeagle801
2 hours ago, stalal said:

I think I will go with @BoeingDriveropinion. Reason being he has seen the aircraft from very close. The F-15 info web page also almost seems to confirm what @Boeigndriver says. That scoops were installed on PW -229s and GE powered aircraft.

Good- he speaks the truth, not opinion.  I was in the 15E community for a long time and everything he is telling you is correct 👍🏻   No scoops on -220 jets.   

Edited by Falconxlvi

90-0233 is indeed the first 229 jet,  and yes every jet after tgat has the ram air scoops.   Changing the actuators on those doors does indeed suck.  I would rather change the cft.   I worked 233 at Elmendorf and Mountain home.  As far as the centerline tanks,  i only saw them on cross country, and for a few monrhs back in 2001 when we werent allowed to fly wing tanks because of pylon hook issues.