Hello dear collegues: I´m just wondering if someone produce the 4 machine gun turret for the monogram 1/48 B-29 . I know that some had it instead of the more common 2 machine guns. I also know Eduard has an interior photo etched set...is there something more I should consider?.

Thanks in advance

Juan

Didn't the Monogram kit come with the 4-gun turret for the top forward position?  That's the only turret that had 4 guns; the rest had 2 IIRC (except the tail, with the 20mm cannon between the .50s).

Played in Google and found this under construction at Boeing factory image which shows 4 gun forward upper turret and 2 gun aft upper turret.
https://imgur.com/gallery/evNuz6d

And this image at Boeing website which shows 4 gun upper forward turret and 2 gun forward lower turret, which can be determined by it having only one layer of guns.
http://www.boeing.com/history/products/b-29-superfortress.page

Edited by southwestforests

Well, at first the plane only has 2 machine guns in its frontal upper turret, later on, it had 4 machine guns in a modified turret, also seen on the B-50. tha Monogram kit has the original 2 gun turret.

Yes, I´ve checked better and it has a 4 machne guns turret, I made a mistake, because I was confused by the fact that later in their production run, they incorporeted a 4 gun turret with a shape similar to that of the B-50. My mistake.

thank you all for your kind feedback

Best regards,

Juan