Jump to content

Trumpeter SU-9 1/48

Recommended Posts

Hi, this is a project that has already been completed,but I use photos to record some steps and hope to share it with me, I am from China, where the first post here, I don't know if it meets the rules, don't know if Can see my photos, so test, you can see, please tell me, thank you.
This is Trumpeter in the mid-2015 production of the kit, which may be the first SU-9 in the history of the 1/48 injection scale model.The contents of the kit look a bit disappointing, simplifying the cockpit, as well as other details, simple and wrong exhaust nozzle, landing gear and wheel bay. Fortunately, the fit is very good.



Edited by Peregrine_76
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the full rivets of the aircraft, so at first I made the rivets out




From left to right are:1. The original wing of the kit    2. Make the rivet and spray the primer    3. Make the rivet without spraying the primer    4. Same as 2




Rivet is first made with a rivet wheel and then deepened with a needle,additional reinforcement skin, at the top.

The protrusions on both sides of the tail support are too small, remove it,remake.





Edited by Peregrine_76
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, modelmax said:



Off to a great start!


will follow your build!


Are you using any aftermarket to correct kit issues?






When I made it, RedStar's resin remodel was not available in China, so I could only do it myself.:crying:

Edited by Peregrine_76
Link to post
Share on other sites

According to my study found that different periods of SU-9 in the details of some minor changes.In fact, in addition to the su-9U interception / trainer, the single-seat model su-9 is divided into early, medium and late production.
The most obvious detail feature is the "wing in front of the root" on both sides.
As the su-9 early and mid-term production continued T-3 the beginning of the design——left and right wing root installed two NR-30 30mm gun,so the "wing in front of the root" keep the hole in the gun and covered the round skin,and  keep the body corresponding to the location of the burn-resistant skin.
The number and location of the venting air intakes on the fuselage are also different, refer to the SU-9 for different periods in the picture below.



From top to bottom respectively, early, medium and late production su-9




Early, mid-term produce su-9




Late produce su-9



Link to post
Share on other sites



I made a template,used to re-create the line here.



The details of the all-moving tailplane of the trumpeter are wrong
In fact, the su-9 all-moving tailplane is exactly the same, rather than symmetrical,
So the  all-moving tailplane upper left corresponds to the lower right,and  lower left corresponds to the upper right.



Static discharger

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok that is just some faboulous work especially on the rivets. You must be a patient man with some serious skills with a riveter :worship:


Looking forward to more of your posts. Even though I have no real interest in this aircraft, as it is only in one scheme, I do appreciate your work. Plus you can always learn something from other modellers.

Edited by skyhawk174
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the encouragement,I usually work very busy,so the update is slower, sorry...



These are the exhaust nozzle parts provided in the kit,it is wrong,so I try to make it again.



First make the inner ripple board,


RedStar resin parts of the nozzle details are good, but the ripple density is not right, and I can't buy,so give up RedStar resin part.




Link to post
Share on other sites


I cut a piece of aluminum skin,make it flat and polished smooth.



Fold along the line



In order to make ripples, I used a styrene sheet and a copper bar to make a simple aids



The finished ripple board, and the poor test pieces above.




Additional rivet details.




Stack them up



Place it in the exhaust nozzle


Link to post
Share on other sites


At first, I tried to make a nozzle with a thin styrene sheet, but the above sliding structure made me very difficult.



Is this pile of things......:angry:



I tried to make one, but the lack of  Casting  conditions, to make a lot of it is a very difficult thing:angry::angry:



But I can make PE,haha...




So the nozzle was made with PE.






The problem of the exhaust nozzle is solved




Link to post
Share on other sites

I've enjoyed a lot by watching and learning from the whole building in a forum of our country.Right now what i wanna say is,it's only just beginning.

Edited by egg2012
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...