Refurbished ex-US Army Blackhawks for civil waterbombing/EMS in Australia

Nice!!! Am I right in assuming the aircraft will be in civil colours? Now that would at last make it interesting to model a Blackhawk...

I hate it when a helicopter type can only be modeled in od or flat grey.

:cheers:

Gertjan

Homeland Security uses black and gold trim Blackhawks. The coast guard has a few. The firehawk has been around for a little bit carrying different civilian schemes to name few. 

7 hours ago, Tank said:

Homeland Security uses black and gold trim Blackhawks. The coast guard has a few. The firehawk has been around for a little bit carrying different civilian schemes to name few. 

Thanks Tank, I was aware of that, but I still welcome every civil scheme on a military helicopter. Kits of civil helicopters are not wide spread so I have to work with what's available...

Long before the S-65/ CH53 was used in civil livery, I already made a whif S-65 in 1:48. My Chinook models -apart from an MH-47- are all painted in civil guise.

:cheers:

Gertjan  

3 minutes ago, hawkwrench said:

That's a cool looking Huey!!! That would look good in 1/35 scale!!!

Tim

They are practically Bell Huey IIs, CALFIRE calls them Super Hueys, they have had them from a long time now. Amazing birds.

Rod.

Edited by salvador001