Hi Kursad,

Have/would you consider making some Kunsan "Wolfpack" F-16 and Kadena F-15C decals in 1/72nd scale?  We've got plenty on decals for European birds but not many for West Pac birds, especially in 72nd scale.

Always dreaming, (except for those BEAUTIFUL B-52 and B-1 decals, now that they're here!)

WARDOG

Edited by Glynn Jacobs
Corrections
4 hours ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

KUNSAN is the Wolfpack, but I agree a sheet covering both Osan and KUNSAN would be good for both 1/48 and 1/72

Specially the 36th FS 100 anniversary bird.......

Centennial-Viper.jpg

I'd love to see some 1/72 modern Kadena F-15C markings.  They would be fantastic!

While we're at it, how about some Sabre love?  This famous plane has never had markings in ANY form:

F-86A-5 49-1184 'Miss Behaving'.jpg

Some new PACAF sheets are on the to-do list for the next few months - more details when I return to the States next week and do more work on them. Sabres are a great idea too - I think we have a running Sabre thread with more suggestions that I will definitely act on.

20 hours ago, Charlie D. said:

I might be the only one, but I'd love to see a sheet of the more obscure types painted in ADC grey....F-105, F-104, F-89

F-84F. Wolfpack has done a few in 1/72, but not 1/48.

You are not only one regarding F-89 for sure, both NMF and ADC

There are enough old Revell kits still around, and decals in kit are useless.

There is no aftermarket alternative for D/J/H option except old Repliscale if you find any on ebay for ridicules prices.

And still there is no source for stencil...

With all those ANG units, F-89 decal sheet look like job for Caracal....

My second great wish is Vietnam F-111A decal sheet in 1/48. We have Hobbyboss and Academy kits, but there is no aftermarket decals for them covering Vietnam deployment.

There was Two bobs decals for Combat Lancers but is long OOP.

New sheet covering Combat Lancers, and 1972 deployment would surely sell well....

Edit: Missspelled

Edited by Blek Stena
9 minutes ago, Blek Stena said:

You are not only one regarding F-89 for sure, both NMF and ADC

There are enough old Revell kits still around, and decals in kit are useless.

There is no aftermarket alternative for D/J/H option except old Repliscale if you find any on ebay for ridicules prices.

And still there is no source for stencil...

With all those ANG units, F-89 decal sheet look like job for Caracal....

My second great wish is Vietnam F-111A decal sheet in 1/48. We have Hobbyboss and Academy kits, but there is no aftermarket decals for them covering Vietnam deployment.

There was Two bobs decals for Combat Talons but is long OOP.

New sheet covering Combat Talons, and 1972 deployment would surely sell well....

Great suggestions - thanks. The F-89 has been on the to-do list for a long time. I have received enough requests for the F-111A that I think I should do something about it next year, after I deliver the FB-111A sheet I promised a while back.

Kursad, you've probably heard by now that Sword is doing the 1/72 scale FJ-2, FJ-3, and FJ-3M Furies. From what I can gather, the markings in the kits will be fairly simple, so there are a TON of other units that will make great decal sheets. And of course, Kittyhawk is doing the -3 in 1/48 scale. I hope you will be able to provide Caracal choices soon!

1/48 Antarctic or Polar aircraft sheet(s) would be nice.  It might best suited to a compilation sheet; a few LC-47s, a couple LC-130s, UH-1s, DHC Beavers & Otters. Lots of international orange/red and nose art.

:cheers: and happy modeling, Bryan

Edited by Bryan H.
Grammar

1/48 O/A-37B options for AFRES and/or ANG units?  I know a couple sheets have been produced but they seem heavy on the SEA-type camo, personally I'd like to see more of the Euro-1 type schemes.  PA, MI and IL ANG come to mind, I'm sure there were others. 

Maybe a long-shot, as I know it's kind of a narrow audience for these jets.

-Ryan

10 hours ago, BN7149 said:

1/48 O/A-37B options for AFRES and/or ANG units?  I know a couple sheets have been produced but they seem heavy on the SEA-type camo, personally I'd like to see more of the Euro-1 type schemes.  PA, MI and IL ANG come to mind, I'm sure there were others. 

Maybe a long-shot, as I know it's kind of a narrow audience for these jets.

-Ryan

Hi Ryan - I already have an A-37 sheet under development that will have a few AFRES and ANG options. I agree that these are needed.

Lots of good suggestions here - please keep them coming. The post-war Privateer idea is intriguing : I already ordered the Ginter book and will look into finding a kit this week.

If you are looking at an A-37 sheet, if there is room please consider one of the AFFTC/TPS A-37B's used to train pilots in spin training out of Edwards AFB.  While Superscale has done these aircraft, they have missed the very visible black band on the starboard wing upper and lower surfaces that crosses the USAF and insignia.  These are there so that it can be gauged what direction the spin is and its rate from the ground or other aircraft.    

12 hours ago, KursadA said:

The post-war Privateer idea is intriguing : I already ordered the Ginter book and will look into finding a kit this week.

If you do a post war Privateer sheet, could you either do a 1/48 sheet too or do a 1/72 and 1/48 split sheet?  There are quite a lot of Koster conversions floating around out there!  I would love to do one of mine as a Korean War flare ship.

thanks!

Corey