On 10/6/2017 at 6:34 PM, Falcon053 said:

Hey Kursad, did you get my email about a C-141A suggestion?

Hi Duane,

I got your e-mail - thanks. I intended to do the bicentennial C-141A in the sheet I did, but could not have enough detailed references. I doubt I will ever do another 1/144 C-141 sheet, but I will keep this in mind in case an opportunity shows up in the future.

How about Antartctic ops C-130's.

The only sheets ever done( Max and SS) are long long gone and there is a multitude of very cool looking multi color Herks.

Primarily codes and one or two nose art birds where done as well.

C-17's are operating down there as well but not in the awesome schemes worn by the Herk...

• 6 months later...

There are a lot of A-7A/B/C markings not done in 48th scale.  The late 1960's and early 1970's are not catered too well by any of the A-7 decals.   Off all the USN Viet Nam era jets, the early A-7's are the big hole in the decal world.  I agree the VA-56 bird would be amazing as would the initial VA-147 deployment on the Ranger.  

Some A-7 decals from Caracal are long overdue - it is one of the few types that I don't have an "infrastructure" (scaled drawings, kit measurements, common stencilling etc.) for. It is certainly on the to-do list: I recently finished the F-111 and P-3 infrastructures that I have been working on for a while, and the A-7 will be coming to the top of the pile soon.

Edited by KursadA
34 minutes ago, KursadA said:

Some A-7 decals from Caracal are long overdue - it is one of the few types that I don't have an "infrastructure" (scaled drawings, kit measurements, common stencilling etc.) for. It is certainly on the to-do list: I recently finished the F-111 and P-3 infrastructures that I have been working on for a while, and the A-7 will be coming to the top of the pile soon.

I have a ton of Midway Corsair pics I've accumulated I can send you if needed..

Kursad,

I don't have anything new to add to the rapidly increasing pile of requests on your desk.  I am just patiently waiting for previously discussed and promised sheets from your other threads:

a. 1/72 & 1/144 KC-135A/E hi-viz schemes from the 60s, 70s, & 80s;

b. 1/72 & 1/144 P-3 Orion sheets, but especially 1/144, any & all markings;

c. 1/72 R4Q-2 / C-119F for USMC Reserve VMGR hi-viz day-glo orange, ANG C-119L in white over aircraft gray / natural metal & all black (W.Va., R.I., Maryland, Wyoming) and C-119K in Asia Minor schemes (Jordan & Ethiopia);

d. 1/48 & 1/72 F-86A/D/L Sabre in ANG markings, particularly NH ANG; 

e. 1/48 EF-111A for 390th ECS, 366th TFW markings (hint, hint) with full stencils;

f. 1/72 & 1/144 USMC KC-130F/R/T/T-30 in Hi-viz & TPS markings.

Thanks again for listening and creating. ( I'm probably forgetting a few! )

R/

Dutch

004.jpg

002.jpg

Edited by Dutch
Cleaned it up.
  • 1 month later...

There's a photo of a VF-213 F-14A flying over the Grand Canyon that's never really been done (there's an old SuperScale VF-213 sheet, but its not quite the scheme in the photo, and the ventral fin markings are not sized for the Tamiya kit).  Aircraft is overall gray, with full-color insignia and markings, and a black anti-glare panel.  I believe the modex is 205.

• 3 weeks later...

Well Kursad, now that I think about it, I do have one more request to add to the pile.  Well four actually!  How about scaling down your beautiful 1/48 T-38 Talon sheets to 1/72 for the excellent Sword kit released in 2005 and re-popped in 2011?  I am sure it is due for another re-pop soon.  You might be able to combine two sheets into one, though you may have to go from four to three.  R/ Dutch

Edited by Dutch

To pile onto Dutch’s suggestion, I think ACC T-38 companion trainers in 1/72 would complement the B-52 & B-1 sheets already released; Minot, Grand Forks, Barksdale, Dyess, Whitenan, Ellsworth, and Mountain Home all operated 38s in 36118. 

Jonah