I'd like to see some 1/72 Talon markings, too. Not sure I agree with the evaluation of the Sword kit as being "excellent" though. It is clearly based on the Esci F-5B, and while they did make some of the necessary differences between the two aircraft, they did not do all (bottom fuselage, landing gear) and nobody in this scale has a good canopy. I wish Wolfpack would downsize their 1/48 Talon. Then I'd be happy.

I apologize for my "excellent" comment WRT the Sword 1/72 T-38 kit.  I only ever built the old Hasegawa kit (or Minicraft re-pop, perhaps).  I defer to Paul Boyer's modeling judgment, skill and wisdom.  Kursad, you could use any 1/72 T-38 as a reference while we all await the arrival of the definitive 1/72 T-38 Talon.  In the meantime, Hasegawa may be the cheapest available for reference purposes.  R/ Dutch 

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, KursadA said:

Postwar A-26 and B-25s are indeed interesting, lots of potential there. I’ve been thinking about it for a long time. It is definitely on my list.

So maybe postwar B-25 only in the sense that Hollyweird made the movie postwar but how about "Homerun" from the made for TV movie Sole Survivor?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sole_Survivor_(1970_film)

http://www.axis-and-allies-paintworks.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?9544

Perhaps a sheet of early B-52s

for the minicraft H , D and F .

they are also doing a D/E and the minicraft people have said they are gonna do a G.

my thoughts ? Early natural metal B-52s 

with the sac sheild and different wing crest in the right nose. Perhaps some of the aircraft with the numbered Air Force numbers as seen at the bomb competitions 

scott 

Edited by engineman
19 minutes ago, engineman said:

Perhaps a sheet of early B-52s

for the minicraft H , D and F .

they are also doing a D/E and the minicraft people have said they are gonna do a G.

my thoughts ? Early natural metal B-52s 

with the sac sheild and different wing crest in the right nose. Perhaps some of the aircraft with the numbered Air Force numbers as seen at the bomb competitions 

scott 

This sounds like an excellent idea.  The 449th BW B-52H 60-0049 with the 2nd Air Force "2" on the tail and blue trim with white stars on the engine intakes and outboard wing tanks would be stellar.  

-Ryan

4 minutes ago, BN7149 said:

This sounds like an excellent idea.  The 449th BW B-52H 60-0049 with the 2nd Air Force "2" on the tail and blue trim with white stars on the engine intakes and outboard wing tanks would be stellar.  

-Ryan

That’s a favorite ! 

And perhaps 

“not to Win is a bad thing”from the 19th bomb wing homestead AFB . Minicraft did a 19th bird but it was not that particular aircraft  . And there research was kinda wrong on tne wurtsmith bird .

inqas labeled wurtsmith but was a homestead bird evacuated from homestead to wurtsmith during the Cuban missile crisis 

Edited by engineman

I'd like to throw out another one... Something like "ADTAC Eagles" or maybe " Interceptor Eagles" to comprise of F-15's assigned to any of the Fighter Interceptor Squadron units.  5th, 48th, 57th, and 318th come to mind... maybe I'm missing some?  They've all been done in the past, but I think most sheets are getting on in age.  I'd personally like to see something in 1/48, not sure what (if any) of those are available in 72nd.

-Ryan

I'd love to see the MiGs from the Constant Peg program researching all the various schemes of America's secret MiG-17s, MiG-21s and MiG-23s.  

It wouldn't be much more than stars and numbers for decals but featuring many of the interesting camouflages.

YZRtzuX.jpgXMc5I92.pngzxB4ffR.png

7 hours ago, Drifterdon said:

Wouldn't mind seeing some HU-16 Albatross decals downsized to 1/72 for the old Monogram kit and maybe even 1/144 for the newish Amodel kits.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.  1/72!

7 hours ago, Drifterdon said:

Wouldn't mind seeing some HU-16 Albatross decals downsized to 1/72 for the old Monogram kit and maybe even 1/144 for the newish Amodel kits.

1/72 Albatross decals would be great.  Now if only someone would make aftermarket replacement landing gear and wheels already  for the Monogram kit... 😕

-Derek

A 1/72 Albatross sheet has been on the to-do list for a long time - I will get to doing this sometime in the next year.

I really wanted to do a Constant Peg sheet when the two books on the unit were published in the last few years - the problem is that a lot of those interesting camouflage schemes are totally undocumented (and quite possibly one-off applications) and photos are still very rare. Apart from the handful of simple, single-color schemes; it would be difficult to add enough options to the sheet to make it into anything more useful than a sheet of generic markings.  

How about 1/72 scale F2H-2/-2P Banshees? Microscale did ONE sheet back in the '80s. With the Airfix kit not being uncommon and the newer Sword kits out there, we 1/72 builders have had nowhere to turn for stickers. Please?

And it probably wouldn't hurt to do a sheet for the later F2H-3/4 Banshees and throw in some Canadian markings as well. The Hobbycraft Canada/Academy kit is everywhere, but only Skylancer did a sheet long ago for U.S. Navy late Banshees.