4 hours ago, Stefan buysse said:

Hi,

That's good news. Is it just the FB-111A, or are they re-releasing the other models as well? 

Cheers, Stefan.

Other models as well. First one to be re-released was the EF-111A.

7 hours ago, Lucio Martino said:

Thanks, Lucio.

I look forward to these and hopefully  a couple of Caracal sheets.

I have an F-model in the stash, but no decals that I'd want to use such a rare kit.

Cheers, Stefan.

Since the 1/144 Roden Convair CV-340 is now out (or about to be out), how about some spiffy ANG C-131B/D decals?  I have a good number of high-res photos to share if you need/want them for reference 🙂

-Derek

1 hour ago, viking73 said:

Since the 1/144 Roden Convair CV-340 is now out (or about to be out), how about some spiffy ANG C-131B/D decals?  I have a good number of high-res photos to share if you need/want them for reference 🙂

Already on the drawing table - one of the first things to work on when I am back in the good old Lone Star State in a few days.

25 minutes ago, KursadA said:

Already on the drawing table - one of the first things to work on when I am back in the good old Lone Star State in a few days.

Sir,

Let me say this again: We need you to downsize to 1:72 your FB-111 sheet.

28 minutes ago, Lucio Martino said:

Sir,

Let me say this again: We need you to downsize to 1:72 your FB-111 sheet.

Agreed - I will definitely scale these down to 1/72 in the next couple of months.

9 minutes ago, KursadA said:

Agreed - I will definitely scale these down to 1/72 in the next couple of months.

Hasegawa is going to reissue their F-111G kit here some time and you can build a FB-111A from it so that would be some great timing!

5 hours ago, KursadA said:

Thats awesome Kursad.  Thanks!  Can I send you the ANG photos I have?  They are high-res from color 35mm slides.

-Derek

6 hours ago, achterkirch said:

Hasegawa is going to reissue their F-111G kit here some time and you can build a FB-111A from it so that would be some great timing!

The F-111G (RAAF Markings) kit is due in September this year.

Edited by Trojan Thunder

I would like to see SAC SIOP FB-111A decals in 1/72 (& 1/48, why not?).  The 9th BS at Carswell breifly flew the FB-111A as a training platform before and during the intial deliveries to the 380th & 509th BW(M) at Plattsburgh & Pease respectively.  

Edited by Dutch
On 7/28/2019 at 12:29 PM, KursadA said:

Hopefully at least on of these schemes

http://www.airteamimages.com/convair-c-131-samaritan_53-7811_usa---us-air-force_196875.html

Edited by Charlie D.

1/48 C-130s?? 🤷‍♂️...in "hi viz...USN, USMC, USAF 70s/80s.

I only suggest this because after recently completing the Italeri 1/48 DC-130, finding decals for it in the hi viz scheme (Warning/Caution, Data etc.) was a huge pain! There are lots of Italeri/Testors 1/48 C-130 kits out there in folk's stashes but the ability to do a 70s/80s USN or USMC, USAF (hi viz type like the "Weather chasers" or "MATS)  or even the markings for what is shown on the box, is virtually non existent. The decals in these kits were horrible to begin with; poor print quality, colors that were off,  and a dull, thick finish to them that made silvering a guarantee. Add in the age factor and forget it!

Screen_Shot_2019-08-04_at_8.34.55_PM.png

The sheet in my DC-130 kit was in great shape (that's not them shown above!) but even laying them down on a Gloss Gull Gray surface they were just not usable...I had to resort to using stencil data from an Australian decal maker, "Novascale". They weren't much better, and are ALPS printed...huge suck factor. I used the "star and bar" from the Caracal "Blue Angels Fat Albert" as they are they only game in town for the proper size National insignia for a C-130.

Edited by 82Whitey51
16 minutes ago, 82Whitey51 said:

1/48 C-130s?? 🤷‍♂️...in "hi viz...USN, USMC, USAF 70s/80s.

I only suggest this because after recently completing the Italeri 1/48 DC-130, finding decals for it in the hi viz scheme (Warning/Caution, Data etc.) was a huge pain! There are lots of Italeri/Testors 1/48 C-130 kits out there in folk's stashes but the ability to do a 70s/80s USN or USMC, USAF (hi viz type like the "Weather chasers" or "MATS)  or even the markings for what is shown on the box, is virtually non existent. The decals in these kits were horrible to begin with; poor print quality, colors that were off,  and a dull, thick finish to them that made silvering a guarantee. Add in the age factor and forget it!

I completely agree that a 1970s/1980s  C-130 sheet is much needed - I have been collecting refs for a while and will probably address this in the 2020 schedule.

15 hours ago, KursadA said:

I completely agree that a 1970s/1980s  C-130 sheet is much needed - I have been collecting refs for a while and will probably address this in the 2020 schedule.

Nice to hear!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2019 at 8:57 PM, KursadA said:

In 1/144 scale, please!

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 6:57 PM, KursadA said:

7 hours ago, thegoodsgt said:

In 1/144 scale, please!

+1

Here's something that's missing:

Actual trainer unit markings for the TA-4J Skyhawk. There are decal sheets that come in the kits and other aftermarket companies that give adversary or special commemorative markings, but I don't remember seeing the standard orange-on-white training outfits on any 1/72 scale decals.

On 26 July 2019 at 2:54 PM, Lucio Martino said:

The big H still has stacks of the over-printed Dick Ward 1/72 Project Warrior Raven sheet, depicting all of the art worn by Upper Heyford EF-111As in 1987-1988, priced at £2 each. I'm ordering a spare soon.

What's really needed is 1/72 early F-111A/Es from Nellis and Upper Heyford ca.1969-76, with the NA-ND, JR-JT and UH codes. Somebody like Don Logan probably has a bunch of colour images showing necessary details such as crew names and NLG door zaps. Hasegawa seem to be popping out the whole range again, a bit at a time. 

Second choice is another early Eagle sheet with Holloman and striped Luke F-15A/Bs from around 1976-77. 1/72 again.

Third choice would be 1/48 F-106A/Bs featuring the 87th FIS Red Bulls -or- maybe a reprint of 48-112. Just missed getting a set and I'm prolly not the only one. 

Tony 

Edited by tony.t
changes