On 8/12/2018 at 2:32 AM, Drifterdon said:

Wouldn't mind seeing some HU-16 Albatross decals downsized to 1/72 for the old Monogram kit and maybe even 1/144 for the newish Amodel kits.

Amen, Brother Don!  I would love to see some 1/144 HU-16 decals to replace the horrible ones that come in the AModel kits.  1/72 wouldn't hurt either, as the Monogram kit keeps surfacing on evilbay for reasonable amounts, even if it is a flying billboard for raised rivets!.  Can't wait to get my November Caracal order and see what December offers.

Edited by Dutch
2 hours ago, Dutch said:

Amen, Brother Don!  I would love to see some 1/144 HU-16 decals to replace the horrible ones that come in the AModel kits.  1/72 wouldn't hurt either, as the Monogram kit keeps surfacing on evilbay for reasonable amounts, even if it is a flying billboard for raised rivets!.  Can't wait to get my November order and see what December offers.

Yes - I had this in mind for a long time. Let's do it - I will put it together next week, and probably even throw in a Japanese option if there is space. 

44 minutes ago, KursadA said:

Yes - I had this in mind for a long time. Let's do it - I will put it together next week, and probably even throw in a Japanese option if there is space. 

Excellent news!  Once again Kursad to the decal rescue!   You rock sir.

2 hours ago, Corey said:

Any hints as to the December/January releases???

I am still working on the 1/48 scale line-up - but I will definitely have the 1/72 versions of the F-111A, Early F-18, V-22 and NASA F-104 sheets released in the last batch, along with the 1/72 scale T-6 Texan and "Starfighters" F-104. 

On 11/20/2019 at 11:15 AM, thegoodsgt said:

I think it’s been mentioned in passing, but I see that Big Plane Kits (BPK) is releasing a 1/72 737-200. That could be a good canvas for a sheet.

I think you mean that they are releasing their kit AGAIN. BPK has had several boxings of the 737-200 for years now. I have the T-43 boxing in my stash from maybe three or four years ago.

Not sure if this would be relevant right now or maybe wait until after Z-M releases their long nose Phantoms but some HAF RF/F-4E's would be really nice. Not very many options out there that I am aware of considering they've worn 3 different distinctive camouflage patterns.

Plus some HAF A-7's would be a interesting choice.

Edited by Whiskey
10 hours ago, Dutch said:

In a nod to Mike Idacavage, speaking of more NASA subjects, they operate several Beechcraft B200/C-12 King Airs.  Mach2 has their 1/72 kit out.

001.JPG.0c3fb48bd7d887c5eb7c578aa51b4385.JPG

Mach 2?  Dutch, you are a braver person than me!  I built their PBM, that’s enough.

It's surprising how many 1/72 scale kits of various King Air versions have been made over the decades: Rareplanes (vac), Model Aire International (resin), RVHP (resin), and AModel. I haven't studied which kits apply to which U.S. military versions just yet, but just how many King Airs am I going to need?!

Dutch, that is one FANTASTIC photo!! Thanks for posting that beauty. I would almost be tempted to build another Mach 2 kit with those markings.......

Have fun modeling!

Mike

:cheers:

On 11/22/2019 at 9:00 AM, Dutch said:

In a nod to Mike Idacavage, speaking of more NASA subjects, they operate several Beechcraft B200/C-12 King Airs.  Mach2 has their 1/72 kit out.

001.JPG.0c3fb48bd7d887c5eb7c578aa51b4385.JPG

Alcon,

I only said Mach2 because it is the latest kit and still readily available, which is one of Kursad's criterion for releasing a decal sheet.  I  do realize that the Rareplane kit is a fine kit shapewise, but the metal props and undercarriage are very hard to locate these days. RVHP is also very good quality-wise but expensive. I did not know about the AModel kit. On another forum/thread there was talk (by Vince Maddux, perhaps?) of drafting a 3-D printed C200/C-12 King Air in 1/48 scale.  So the field is wide open.

Mike, if you do a web search for NASA and C-12, several photos should appear. 

R/

Dutch 

* PS [ After a little bit of research, I have found that the AModel kit is of the Beechcraft 1900C/D airliner series, six kits being released with various decals, including a C-12J.  While the wings and engines may be used, the fuselage is all wrong for a B200 / C-12 military version.  RVHP offers both the C-90 and B200 King Air versions.] 

Edited by Dutch
add links

Dutch,

You are absolutely correct about the King Air Family, C-12 etc. They have been used by many many Military and Civilian units, organizations, and companies. I would have to lean towards the RVHP line at present, but the price is a killer. I'm really surprised no company has jumped on this Airframe for either 1/72, or 1/48. Once you started into that line, it would be a never ending collection !

Regards,

Bruce 

Ok, technical question not necessarily related to a specific subject.  Well, it is but for now just generally curious:  How plausible is it for the decal printer to successfully  print 1-2 inch high block letter black stencils in 1/72 scale?  Can it work or is it a lost cause?  I'm more a 1/48 builder and don't know much about the limits of 1/72.

Rick L.

7 hours ago, Spruemeister said:

Ok, technical question not necessarily related to a specific subject.  Well, it is but for now just generally curious:  How plausible is it for the decal printer to successfully  print 1-2 inch high block letter black stencils in 1/72 scale?  Can it work or is it a lost cause?  I'm more a 1/48 builder and don't know much about the limits of 1/72.

Rick L.

Hi Rick,

Cartograf (but not too many others) can do it consistently every time; although this is about the limit of legibility. The image below is a snippet of CD72031 scanned at 1200dpi, and the 1-inch block lettering of the F-16 data block are easily readable. The distance between the two red parallel lines is 0.11in. Hope this helps.

sizeinfo.jpg

On 11/20/2019 at 9:05 PM, KursadA said:

I am still working on the 1/48 scale line-up - but I will definitely have the 1/72 versions of the F-111A, Early F-18, V-22 and NASA F-104 sheets released in the last batch, along with the 1/72 scale T-6 Texan and "Starfighters" F-104. 

Anything in 1/144? Like a B-58 ? 🙂