Yes, Johan Ragay is an acknowledged expert on the Kaman HH-43 series.  There is also an excellent book by Wayne Mutza on the H-43 published by Schiffer ( I own a copy) that pretty much covers it all.  Lastly, I worked with Kaman Helicopters and Johan when compiling the HOK/HTK/HUK/H-43 entries for the Helis.com database.   All excellent resources. R/ Dutch

P.S. [ I have not entered in the c/n - serial numbers for all the HOK/HTK/HUK/H-43 airframes from my research into the Helis.com database yet.  I will try to do so in the coming months. Hmm, which hobby will I work on today?]

Mutza.jpg.20ab22258c83d2044d7445ca5aefae08.jpg

Edited by Dutch

Kursad, I know you already have a few sheets for B-52s, but I'd love to see a sheet of 1/72 B-52s in the Vietnam War. There are a variety of F, D, and G schemes from the war that are very interesting. Plus I know from experience that after purchasing some of the old Revell/Monogram kits, you open up the box to find the decals either missing or unuseable. I think this sheet would also be popular for use with all of modelcollects recent releases. 

Wondering out loud if it would be a good idea to produce some reworked sheets for the some of the Williams Bros. kits.  A few of the WB sheets leave the modeler to finish markings by painting, which can be a nightmare matching colors and masking (1/32 Wedell Williams, and Gee Bee Z).  A few of their kits could use some more options(1/72 C-46),  and then there's older sheets that tend to disintegrate when they hit water ( Northrup Gamma).  The WB kits are some of the coolest subjects, still fairly available, and most haven't been supplanted by newer molds from other companies.  They could just use some decal updates.

Rick L.

On 1/19/2020 at 2:52 PM, Spruemeister said:

Wondering out loud if it would be a good idea to produce some reworked sheets for the some of the Williams Bros. kits.  A few of the WB sheets leave the modeler to finish markings by painting, which can be a nightmare matching colors and masking (1/32 Wedell Williams, and Gee Bee Z).  A few of their kits could use some more options(1/72 C-46),  and then there's older sheets that tend to disintegrate when they hit water ( Northrup Gamma).  The WB kits are some of the coolest subjects, still fairly available, and most haven't been supplanted by newer molds from other companies.  They could just use some decal updates.

Rick L.

I like the sound of that! I know that "Yellow Wings" did a F9C Sarrowhawk sheet that I scoffed up right away! Nice kits...REALLY old decals!

I'm surprised by the paucity of decals for the F2H-2 Banshee - in either scale. Even with the new 1/48 scale kit (yes, I know it's a dog for many of you), and the relatively new Sword and ProResin kits in 1/72 scale, we really don't have aftermarket decals out there. Are we waiting for a better 1/48 kit? Are we waiting for the "big" Banjo (F2H-3/4) in 1/48 (hopefully more correct) with its own host of markings - Canadian included - or don't we have enough interested modelers?

On 1/19/2020 at 2:52 PM, Spruemeister said:

Rick L.

Yes!! The black outline on the Gee Bee R1/R2 paint scheme would be awesome !! 

Gee-Bee-Model-R2-3.jpg

1 hour ago, thegoodsgt said:

When you turn your attention back to the C-46 markings (72093), it would be nice to have markings for one or two WW2-era aircraft. It's surprising that the Commando has been so poorly served by the aftermarket community.

I agree, but it looks like the brave folks who were flying over the Hump did not have much time or equipment to photograph their aircraft - whatever I could find in almost one and a half years of research is just a bunch of partial photos (nose art, but no serial number etc.) or really fuzzy images that do not show any of the details I need.

I am disappointed that I could not bring this project to completion yet, I just do not want to fill the sheet with well-documented postwar aircraft.

Edited by KursadA
1 hour ago, KursadA said:

I agree, but it looks like the brave folks who were flying over the Hump did not have much time or equipment to photograph their aircraft - whatever I could find in almost one and a half years of research is just a bunch of partial photos (nose art, but no serial number etc.) or really fuzzy images that do not show any of the details I need.

I had exactly that problem when building some CBI C-47's. I could only get a couple of partial confirmation shots--and I'm just trying to use decals!

Jumping back to the Boeing T-38s, I would love to see either of theirs, or their CT-133s done in 1/48; I've photographed all four auite  few times, and they'd make for some neat variation on the shelf... All would need some minor detail updates and alterations, but nothing too crazy.

N38FT

25134006510_bbb04a23d3_c.jpgBoeing T-38 N38FT by Josh Kaiser, on Flickr

N38TZ

22986627879_8c266f367b_c.jpgBoeing T-38 N38TZ by Josh Kaiser, on Flickr

N109X

31628792692_e270d740a0_c.jpgBoeing CT-133 N109X by Josh Kaiser, on Flickr

N416X - I caught this one in a couple different variations of its paintshcemes:

16896015010_e8a2f01771_c.jpgBoeing T-33 N416X by Josh Kaiser, on Flickr

24508365213_994ddb3e71_c.jpgBoeing T-33 N416X by Josh Kaiser, on Flickr

29217824850_403dc8e8c6_c.jpgBoeing CT-133 N416X by Josh Kaiser, on Flickr

Because the early airframes were colorful, how about a 1/72  "F-35, the early years" sheet?  In particular, the first example of each of the versions (AF-1, BF-1 and CF-1) had cool looking tail fins, and AF-1 even had 'racing stripes' on the wingtips!  The Kittyhawk 1/48 kits have those markings, but there aren't any for the 1/72 Academy, Hasegawa, and Orange kits.

9 hours ago, Dutch said:

And F-111G at Cannon AFB.  (ex FB-111A)

Thanks Dutch - forgot about the F-111G. I think there might have been some D's in FS36118 too? Hmm, need to google that one.....

Kursad, I know that this is a civil theme, but have you ever considered doing decals for the Boeing 367-80 "707" prototype in 1/144 (1/139) & 1/72?  Probably not a big seller, unless as a collector's item. Just curious on hearing your thoughts. K/r, Dutch

002.jpg.5d0dfc097f15a997a2ad80ddc218d0ff.jpg

001.JPG.53f3ff9534fef703763a9dbb9351f3a7.JPG

Edited by Dutch

And one more oldie, but a goodie! This is an F-89D, serial unknown.  All three squadrons were assigned to the 64th Air Defense Division from 1954-56NEAC stands for North East Air Command. The 59th FIS was stationed at Goose AB, Labrador, the 61st FIS at Ernest Harmon AB, Newfoundland, and the 74th FIS at Presque Isle AFB, Maine. This could be the 64th Air Defense Division Commander's aircraft, but more likely one of the NEAC team aircraft at a pre-William Tell USAF Air-to-Air Rocketry Competition circa 54-56 at Yuma AFB.  My best guess at crew names are: LT G. F. Kelley, LT W. J. George, & C/C J. A. McClure.  The yellow letters on pale blue background above the squadron tabs are most likely "64th ADD" for 64th Air Defense Division  Notice the "No STEP" warning above the pitot tube just above the engine intake.  I wonder how many times that got stepped on!  Enjoy. K/r, Dutch

001.JPG.c08cc679829952ff383d85c8bba37b4f.JPG

Edited by Dutch
Add detail.