Lots of interesting subjects. While some of the latest releases haven’t held much interest for my modeling tastes (still eagerly awaiting the 1/144 B-58 sheet), I was organizing my decals and counted 21 different Caracal sheets with multiples of a few, by far the largest of any one producer in my decal stash. 

keep them coming Kursad!

Kursad, there are so  many subjects that could be revisited especially since we are now 20-40 years since those subjects were initially done.  One I would like to suggest would be for the Monogram 1/48 B-24D, and that would be "Blue Streak".  A well known aircraft however I do not know of any decals ever done for this aircraft other than the ones which came with the Revell 1/72 kit.   

@KursadA

My next decal suggestion is not your normal cup of tea, but then, you are not the normal decal artiste!

Would you consider doing one decal with multiple scales as part of your "Basics" line covering Military Airfield Vehicle Markings, specifically USAF circa 1950s-current?  It would consist mostly of numbers and a few letters for vehicle serial numbers, plus standard warnings and labels in FS 13538 Orange Yellow & FS 17875 Insignia White for Strata Blue passenger or GP vehicles or Red fire apparatus and FS 17038 Black for yellow flightline & aircraft service vehicles.  Standard markings would include: "For Official Use Only" and tire pressure "TP 25" markings.  Specialized warnings includes "No Smoking Within 50 Feet" on fuel trucks and "Stay Back 100 feet" on fire apparatus.

The appropriate USAF Tech Orders are:

MIL-STD-808A(USAF) 18 January 1983

T.O.  36-1-191 (2005 & 2019)

T.O  36-1-3 (7 November 1988 w/ Change 8 dtd 15 May 1993)

Great websites include:

http://www.firetrucks-atwar.com/af.html

https://www.alternatewars.com/BBOW/Colors/USAF_Support_Colors.htm

Example #1:

001.JPG.a36b138d44b8b5f18155c6bb517f6c72.JPG

Jonah,

In 1/72 scale, I find 107 items under airfield equipment vehicles topic on SCM, though not all USAF.

In 1/48 scale, I find 911 items under airfield equipment vehicles topic on SCM, again not all USAF.

There are several 1/72 - 1/700 1970/80s 3D printed vehicles on Shapeways.

I have the Hasegawa 1/72 airfield sets and some individual 1/48 vehicles: Ford F-100 pickup, Chevy 2-ton Stake Bed; White 3000 refueler, & Kenwood W-900 tractor, all from the mid 1950s - early 1960s. 

R/

Dutch

Edited by Dutch
  • 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, eraucubsfan said:

@KursadA  While you are doing all the test/eval aircraft what are the chances of a F-8 sheet? 

Highly likely - I am working on a complete F-8 infrastructure for the upcoming RF-8A/G sheet, and putting together a follow-on F-8 fighter sheet with eval/test markings would be very straightforward. Perhaps towards the end of the year.

22 minutes ago, eraucubsfan said:

@KursadA  While you are doing all the test/eval aircraft what are the chances of a F-8 sheet? 

rAueL1nl.jpg

jATZkXil.jpg

pT9aAmBl.jpg

D2O2bRDl.jpg

Ehgv2Yyl.jpg

Super Scale already covers that VFP-63 jet. Definitely diggin' the rest, ESPECIALLY that VX-4 jet!

Wouldn't mind Dark Vipers Pt 3 with all the "new" ANG units now transitioning to HG5 scheme. These are some of those seen during last year; 

177FW 119FS AF87-0225 - really like the units HG5 markings!

149FW 182FS AF86-0262 (MiG killer) + 87-0245 

140FW 120FS AF87-0231

115FW 176FS AF86-0243

And for fun throw in 20FW 77FS AF91-0353 (MiG killer) which is also in HG5 it would be a blast 🤩

4 hours ago, strikeeagle801 said:

Do you have any plans on doing any early B-52H markings for the Modelcollect kit by chance? 

Aaron 

Sorry, I have two new B-52 sheets in development but none of them will have early B-52H (pre-1975 or so) markings. 

24 minutes ago, TBP1538 said:

Kursad,

Any chance you will expand your 1/72 F-111 line to include Cold War USAFE subjects? Some Upper Heyford "E's" and Lakenheath "F's" would be pretty cool...

The upcoming 1/48 scale F-111E sheet will be scaled down to 1/72. I have no plans for an F-111F sheet in any scale. After the F-111E sheet, I think I have done enough F-111's for a decade.

Edited by KursadA
On 5/18/2020 at 6:49 AM, KursadA said:

. After the F-111E sheet, I think I have done enough F-111's for a decade.

Still, would be nice to see a sheet for FB-111s in the SIOP scheme.  Including the "tiger tail"...

Jens