Here's a long shot.

The Air Force Academy's 557th Flying Training Squadron Cessna T-51A (150) aircraft to honor Tuskegee Airmen & Gen. Benjamin O. Davis Jr.

Minicraft has a Cessna 150 (T-51A) in 1/48. Not one I would normally model but that's a pretty slick paint job.

Update: I got the Minicraft kit and its not a bad kit, tiny A/C even in 1/48.

Maybe as part of a Tuskegee Airmen tribute sheet with the previous F-16 as well as WW II era aircraft.

Rob

557th Flying Training Squadron Cessna T-51A aircraft to honor Tuskegee Airmen & Gen. Benjamin O. Davis Jr..jpg

EiiQ6T4U0AIfdt5.jpg

101293499_10157722650198853_7783479994558185472_n.jpg

Edited by f4phixer
Update

4 hours ago, Paul Boyer said:

That is so cool! But . . . There is but one Cessna 150/152 limited-run kit out there (civilizedmodels.com) in 1/72, and no kit at all in 1/48. Might have a bit of trouble selling decals on this one.🙁

No idea if it's any good or not...

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/minicraft-model-kits-11666-usaf-t-51a-cessna-150--186923

Jon

6 hours ago, jonbryon said:

It's not bad.  I tried building one almost 30 years ago as the one I soloed in (C-152).  Fairly clear molding, decent fit, considering it isn't a TamiGawa.

9 minutes ago, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

It's not bad.  I tried building one almost 30 years ago as the one I soloed in (C-152).  Fairly clear molding, decent fit, considering it isn't a TamiGawa.

Agreed.  I built one (converted it to a C-152 II a few years ago) as the airplane I soloed and took my checkride it.  Biggest problems were self-induced due to the conversion bits required (wingtip droops, modifications to the cowl), the basic kit was quite decent.  I think it may be a tad underscale though (close to 1/50?).  

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=3874724083260&set=a.3874723963257

Edited by Joe Hegedus
  • 3 weeks later...

ONW/OSW F-15Es!  

I finally picked up the 1/72 (and 1/48, but that’s another story 😁) GWH F-15E.  What a gorgeous kit!   I was pleased to find parts for the GBU-15 AND AGM-130, as well as 9x GBU-12s, AIM-120A/Bs and AIM-9Ms.  The kit only comes with the legacy LANTIRN pod and it has the old antenna configuration.

Here’s where I’m going with this...it has ALL the stuff you would want to build some of the really cool asymmetrical loadout used in Operations Southern and Northern Watch!   Like...

GkkIyu1.jpg

BfQn9nv.jpg

The included decals (which are incredibly thick by the way) are for OEF/OIF birds.  A quick net search reveals that there aren’t any decals covering F-15E’s in ONW/OSW in 1/72.  There is zero coverage of the 90th FS from the 90s.   This is probably me just shouting to the winds, but it would be awesome to get some 1/72 decal love for mid-late 90s F-15Es from ONW/OSW for the GWH F-15E.  Especially Alaskan Strikes!   What say you?

Steve

Edited by Falconxlvi

In 1/48 Superscale did an attempt when the Hobby Boss A-7A/B came out, however most are CO's jets and not representative of linebirds, even if CO jets can be OK.

But challenge accepted:  
VA-153 with dark blue and light blue tails respectively (Both A and B's

VA-93 with sharkmouth 

VA-56
VA-46
VA-72

VA-87

VA-125

VA-303
VA-305

And there are some other reserve units besides VA-303 that are good candidates too. 

Some photos (mainly B's): 
A US Navy LTV (Ling Temco-Vought) A-7B-3-CV Corsair II (BuNo Stock Photo - Alamy
LTV A-7B 154517 VA-56 NE401 USS Ranger NAS Lemoore Mar69 [PBL via RJF] Stock Photo - Alamy
1981 - An air-to-air right side view of a Naval Air Reserve Attack Squadron 305 (VA-305) A-7B Corsair II aircraft Stock Photo - Alamy
VA-15 Valions attack squadron ATKRON ONE FIVE - US Navy (seaforces.org)
VA-153 Blue Tail Flies Attack Squadron US Navy Skyhawk Corsair (seaforces.org)
154496 (cn B-136) LTV Aerospace A-7B Corsair II Photo by rob martaré | AIRFIGHTERS.COM
154482 (cn B-122) LTV Aerospace A-7B Corsair II Photo by Eric Tammer | AIRFIGHTERS.COM
152682 (cn A39) LTV Aerospace A-7A Corsair II Photo by James Winfree III Slide Collection | AIRFIGHTERS.COM

152682 (cn A39) LTV Aerospace A-7A Corsair II Photo by James Winfree III Slide Collection | AIRFIGHTERS.COM

153152 (cn A61) LTV Aerospace A-7A Corsair II Photo by Gerrit Kok Collection | AIRFIGHTERS.COM
153162 (cn A71) LTV Aerospace A-7A Corsair II Photo by Eric Tammer | AIRFIGHTERS.COM

I belive some of the VA-3xx Reserve units also adapted the tactical paint scheme during the 80's too, but didn't find any photos right now, and have to go to work. Will have a look around later to see if I can find some of those too. 

Yes, but the Monogram blue was very pale and the glue was very milky!  I built one for a friend and substituted VA-82 Marauders markings from Microscale 48-15.  That was over 35 years ago!  I still have the VA-25 Fists of the Fleet markings in my spares folder. Funny how a post will bring back a flood of memories!  Thanks Niels & Habu2!  K.r, Dutch

Deal - I will start working on these. I have already designed a fairly comprehensive set of general markings and stencils for the A-7; you will see it with the EA-7L / TA-7C sheet coming in April. It should be relatively quick to design the A-7A/B markings for the new sheet.

On 2/17/2021 at 3:28 AM, jenshb said:

Any love for SIOP FB-111s - i.e. non-DarkVarks?  Perhaps including one in light gull gray and white scheme with SAC band and U.S.AIR FORCE titling?

I think I have four different F-111 family decals in 1/48 scale now, so I will wait for some of them to sell out before I release another one: but the SIOP FB-111s and F-111D's will be next.

3 hours ago, KursadA said:

I think I have four different F-111 family decals in 1/48 scale now, so I will wait for some of them to sell out before I release another one: but the SIOP FB-111s and F-111D's will be next.

Thanks for your reply KursadA - that's fair enough.  I can wait and build it...

Kursad, check out this Turkish C-130!

(Three photos in the listing)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Original-35mm-Color-Slides-C-130E-Turkey-Pope-AFB-10-Jun-1992-/383979662090?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

This seller has a lot of nice slides, including a whole series of international -130’s, taken, I guess at the Airlift Rodeo at Pope.