For your basic sheets, I can't recall if I've suggested basic helicopter markings, specifically the warning arrows seen on the tail booms of most helicopters. These are usually provided in the form of the yellow band (in the case of the UH-1) with the red arrow and text printed on it. Many of us prefer to paint these bands, so it would be nice to have just the smaller markings to apply over the painted bands. 

(I paint the rotor stripes as well, but I could see where some modelers might like to see them as decals if you need to fill out a sheet.)

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 2.45.24 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 2.46.52 PM.jpg

It is really nice - too bad it appeared after I released the new A-10C sheet; but it certainly looks like it could be done as a small add-on sheet. It definitely is going to be on the new 1/72 A-10C sheet that will be a scaled-down version of CD48191.

1 hour ago, KursadA said:

It is really nice - too bad it appeared after I released the new A-10C sheet; but it certainly looks like it could be done as a small add-on sheet. It definitely is going to be on the new 1/72 A-10C sheet that will be a scaled-down version of CD48191.

Just throwing this out there but for 1/48 scale there I think is a possibility of just doing a USAF SEA heritage sheet.  There’s a T-38C, UH-1N, the A-10C pictured above and also one of the last F-4E’s in service that are painted up in SEA scheme. 

How about 1/48 sheet for the F9F Panther?  The Monogram kits are still floating around, plus the Trumpeter kits.   Most of the older sheets are harder to find.   It would be nice to see some of the schemes like the Blue Angels, Ted William's aircraft etc., done again.  

4ctE1jAl.jpg

13 hours ago, Corey said:

Here is a cool CH-3!  Some day maybe we’ll have a 1/48 kit.  I guess for now we would settle for a 1/72 sheet.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Original-color-slides-CH-3C-89-MAW-1-HS-Andrews-AFB-May-1985-/383992118707?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

I would love to see what the interior of this CH-3 looked like.   Very VIPish from the curtains in the windows.

And I completely agree, we've needed a 1/48 kit forever.   I've seen where some have tried to convert the Hasegawa SH-3 but I'm not that brave.

don

Edited by Drifterdon

It's not been treated well in 1/72 scale, either. Back in the late 60s, both Aurora and Revell made kits, and neither is great. Whirlybirds in the UK has a pretty good 1/72 scale resin kit if that's your type of thing. But 1/48 scale? - nuttin.

4 hours ago, Paul Boyer said:

It's not been treated well in 1/72 scale, either. Back in the late 60s, both Aurora and Revell made kits, and neither is great. Whirlybirds in the UK has a pretty good 1/72 scale resin kit if that's your type of thing. But 1/48 scale? - nuttin.

ATTIC did a resin conversion in 1/48.  http://www.atticaerospace.com/hh-3e.htm  

I've never seen one but from the reviews I've read, it's one of those that you don't want to get anywhere near.  I don't even think it's still available for those willing to give it a bash.

55 minutes ago, Drifterdon said:

ATTIC did a resin conversion in 1/48.  http://www.atticaerospace.com/hh-3e.htm  

I've never seen one but from the reviews I've read, it's one of those that you don't want to get anywhere near.  I don't even think it's still available for those willing to give it a bash.

I have one.  It’s the second worst resin casting I have ever seen.  The worst resin casting I have ever seen is the Attic 1/48 P2V kit.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, moosemodeler said:

Not a new subject and not sure how difficult it would be but any thoughts on doing a printing of the FB-111 sheet in 72nd scale ?

I am going to do it very soon - contemplating to add a couple more options in there.

6 hours ago, Gator52 said:

How about a late-career ACC F-111G in overall 36118?

Chris

hmm - great idea. Still (technically) an FB-111A and will not require too much additional design work - I am sold.

Something like this, perhaps?

I really like how the recent SAC B-52G sheet has the numbers provided to be able to create any just from the unit be it an FB-111A from the 380th or 509th or the G's from the 428th. Maybe something like that ?

Also starts out as the 428th TFTS in Mar 1990 before becoming FS in Nov 91. 

xXBxa982YtyFEm-Pde9kZH96ygoc-93SlwB9FgRL

Edited by moosemodeler

I can't wait for the SAC and TAC "basic" sheets. Consider this also: I have trouble finding the various versions of the "Ferry Command" and early "The Air Transport Command" badges - as well as MATS, MAC, and Air Mobility Command. Of course these had more changes over the decades than SAC or TAC and may require more study. 

war-correspondents-1-1-3.jpg