11 minutes ago, RCarlson said:

Over in the prop section we were having a discussion about a lack of T-34C decals for non orange and white schemes. Is anyone else interested in these schemes? 

I would love to see a sheet on the Turbo Mentor.   The blue one is nice but have always loved the look of NASA's T-34C.  And there are lots of pics posted on the interweb of this plane. 

See the source image

Below photo is by Neils Aviation Photography.

See the source image

Edited by Drifterdon
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2021 at 10:10 PM, RCarlson said:

Over in the prop section we were having a discussion about a lack of T-34C decals for non orange and white schemes. Is anyone else interested in these schemes? 

I'll see what other photos I have, but this is a civilian owned T-34C still in the Dark Blue with the sharkmouth which look very nice.

IMG_4982.JPG

Several Tormentors received commemorative schemes for the Naval Aviation Centennial and I believe this is one of them.

How about a « Coral Sea 1986 Libyan Raiders F/A-18A » sheet ?

These A/C are quite well documented, have most interesting heavily faded TPS schemes, but up to now were only covered by a pair of obsolete and out-of-production Superscale sheets.

VFA-132 Privateers in their original tail art guise would be my favorite.

VMFA-323

web_DN-ST-86-10459.jpg

https://www.usscoralsea.net/images/web_DN-ST-86-10459.jpg

VFA-132

web_DN-ST-86-06948.jpg

https://www.usscoralsea.net/images/web_DN-ST-86-06948.jpg

VFA-131

web_DN-ST-87-02674.jpg

https://www.usscoralsea.net/images/web_DN-ST-87-02674.jpg

VMFA-314

VMFA-314-Black-Knights-081.jpg

https://www.seaforces.org/usmcair/VMFA/VMFA-314_DAT/VMFA-314-Black-Knights-081.jpg

Edited by The Arrowhead

Hello Kursad,

First of all thank you to Corey who directed me to this forum. I'm a long time fan of your decals, especially your 135 sheets, and can't wait to buy multiples of your forthcoming sheets.

I do have a request, this time for a F-4 sheet. With the imminent release of the 1/72 F-4C and D from Fine Molds, is there any way you could be persuaded to retool your earlier 1/48 ANG sheets down to scale? I'm especially interested in a 1/72 version of 48-038. A wraparound SEA F-4 with California fin flash would really look ace.

Many thanks, and again I love your range.

Adrian.

cd48038profiles2.jpg

51 minutes ago, Adrian J Davies said:

Hello Kursad,

First of all thank you to Corey who directed me to this forum. I'm a long time fan of your decals, especially your 135 sheets, and can't wait to buy multiples of your forthcoming sheets.

I do have a request, this time for a F-4 sheet. With the imminent release of the 1/72 F-4C and D from Fine Molds, is there any way you could be persuaded to retool your earlier 1/48 ANG sheets down to scale? I'm especially interested in a 1/72 version of 48-038. A wraparound SEA F-4 with California fin flash would really look ace.

Adrian.

cd48038profiles2.jpg

Hey Adrian, welcome! 🙂

I agree with you, I too think a sheet to go with the new Fine Molds kit would sell like a license to print hot cakes!  🙂

Edited by Corey
1 hour ago, Adrian J Davies said:

Hello Kursad,

Thanks for your kind words - about scaling down the ANG F-4C sheet to 1/72: I really wonder why I have not done this yet. I totally agree it's a great idea and I will start working on a scaled-down sheet ASAP, perhaps adding a KS ANG jet in there to fill the sheet.

Thanks again!

On 9/9/2021 at 3:28 AM, Lex said:

I would like to see an 1/72 and or 1/144 E-8C J-STARS sheet or maybe include it on a next C-135 sheet.

To piggy back off your E-8 J-Stars idea, maybe do up a E-8 J-Stars, E-3 AWACS and E-6 Mercury sheet in 1/144.   All three are based off the 707 airframe.

On 9/17/2021 at 2:48 AM, Drifterdon said:

To piggy back off your E-8 J-Stars idea, maybe do up a E-8 J-Stars, E-3 AWACS and E-6 Mercury sheet in 1/144.   All three are based off the 707 airframe.

Don,

I would love to see Minicraft actually release their E-6A Mercury kit (#14702).   It has been announced for about 2 years now.  If the kit is not released, I will build an early model E-6A using their C-18A (#14594) kit with their CFM-56 engines (#14521BC) and scratch the few wingtip and tail aerials.  But I do think a combined 1/144 E-3A/B/C, E-6A/B & E-8B/C sheet may be viable.  Although, the kit decals are not that bad and the actual marking options were not that varied.  I would love to see a sheet for 1/144 E-3A Saudi, E-3D RAF, & E-3F French machines. And in 1/72 as well.

K/r,

Dutch

Edited by Dutch
On 8/26/2021 at 11:00 AM, Adrian J Davies said:

Hello Kursad,

Adrian.

cd48038profiles2.jpg

I’d love to see this one reissued again in 1/48!

I would really love to see an E-3C Sentry of the 961st AWACS, 18th WG, circa 2000.  I think the Tinker & Alaska squadrons have been done, but not the Kadena squadron with the ZZ tailcode and stencil shogun. BTW the UK retired their E-3D Sentries just last month. 

961st_AWACS.JPG.44bb77c3a9a8bcd4ee5d67c5ddaeb39b.JPG

3583_Nov99.jpg.0d2c7c693b414ba635293b5a29745561.jpg

E-3C 71-1407 961st AWACS at Kadena AB circa 6 Nov 1999.  Note 961st badge on nose and no Shogun on tail.

E-3C80-0138.thumb.jpg.23379b592a872740a75746923f283573.jpg

E-3C 80-0138 with smaller ZZ tailcode & Shogun stencil on tail, but without the 961st or ACC badge on the nose.

Here is a quick chart to show the tail stripes by squadron.

960 AW&CS ---- From March 1, 2000 OK white

961 AW&CS Red From 1st October 1991 ZZ red

962 AW&CS ----- AK green from May 1, 1993

963 AW&CS B & W check Used from the beginning of the 1980's to the middle

Black Mid 1980s to May 31, 1992

From June 1, 1992 OK black

964 AW&CS Red From June 1, 1992 OK Red

965 AW&CS Yellow From June 1, 1992 OK Yellow

966 AW&CS Blue From June 1, 1992 OK Blue

Edited by Dutch
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2021 at 3:44 PM, KursadA said:

OK, let's find enough (4-6) interesting A-7A/B schemes that have not been done recently (last 10 yrs) or done well - and I promise I will do them this year. Same for A-4B/C/E/Fs. 

The A-7A/B suggestion seems to take off well as did A-4E/F's but the early A-4B/C ideas just kind of quietly slipped on by.    Would love to see some early A-4B/C's Navy and Marine markings.   

1 hour ago, Drifterdon said:

The A-7A/B suggestion seems to take off well as did A-4E/F's but the early A-4B/C ideas just kind of quietly slipped on by.    Would love to see some early A-4B/C's Navy and Marine markings.   

There have been a spate of A-4B/C sheets from other manufacturers lately - I am sure there are still some schemes not being covered, but I would rather spend my design time on sheets for newer kits. I will perhaps do these in 1/72 though.

2 hours ago, KursadA said:

There have been a spate of A-4B/C sheets from other manufacturers lately - I am sure there are still some schemes not being covered, but I would rather spend my design time on sheets for newer kits. I will perhaps do these in 1/72 though.

We certainly can't complain with your new subject output.   Has got to be the best in the industry.   But I'm biased when it comes to Caracal Decals!