On 10/3/2021 at 8:07 PM, okthree said:

This may or may not have been mentioned, is there interest in a 1/48 B-26K sheet for the ICM kit?

You'd certainly think this would be a good topic.   The old Aeromaster sheets are as rare as hens teeth and as expensive as unobtainium.

Sounds interesting, but is there enough variety in unit markings, well-documented nose art etc. to fill a complete A-26K sheet? All of the photos I had ever seen showed relatively plain aircraft with perhaps a unit badge and nothing else apart from tail codes. 

29 minutes ago, KursadA said:

Sounds interesting, but is there enough variety in unit markings, well-documented nose art etc. to fill a complete A-26K sheet? All of the photos I had ever seen showed relatively plain aircraft with perhaps a unit badge and nothing else apart from tail codes. 

We can do some research for you.   There were other options as well before the camouflaged birds.   Hurlbert Field had camo but with the camo grey undersides.   Pre-camo was a green over white.  These guys have a pretty good web site on the B-26K.   B-26K - Invader Historical Foundation (claybornglobal.com)

Good morning! (well, here at least.)

Related to your "Early years" F-18 sheet, could you possibly look at one following up on 840 in its NASA schemes? (The black/white/gold ones.) It may not sound like there'd be a lot there, but there were a few evolutions of those markings. (Granted, most need some scratch building of the paddles and spin 'chute, but even before those there were a few.)

You've already got the "patchwork" touched on in the early years sheet, but the repaint - early high AOA tests before modification, with the glycol system, which have the white nose, grey anti glare and white LEX (possibly even adding the "streams" shown in several pictures as decals....) - which has the "silk purse" marking under the canopy, the fully black/white with gold striping, the various sets of grey stripes along the spine and nose, even the vanes (which sit flush, but are outlined with gold striping.)

Might just be me, but I find it a really interesting aircraft...

The clear nose cap on most of the JD-1’s is the biggest point but there are plenty of B-26C style noses on Navy Invaders in several VU squadrons wearing the colorful Easter egg schemes, so the DB-26 kit could be used as is .... just need the VU squadron markings. 

Spent time last night looking at JD-1 and A/B-26 invaders in VC-1, 3, 5, 7, and 9. All had the colorful gray-yellow-red-orange schemes. Some had the typical clear JD-1 nose cap. But there were a lot with the B-26C clear nose w bomb aimer panel, some with the C style clear nose but the upper clear area painted over leaving the clear nose cap w bomb aimer panel.  There were also some with the 8 gun nose but with gun holes faired over.  So it looks like the DB -26 drone kit could serve as the basis for a lot of the colorful Navy VU squadrons’ Invaders.  Large tail letters (UE, UF, UJ), white NAVY for the sides, some nose numbers, bu no’s. and small VC squadron no’s. 

Maybe an Invader in Utility and Composite Sqdns sheet to include a proper JD-1 drone controller along with the various VU and VC Invaders.

Edited by Gary F
Spell correct
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/1/2021 at 5:18 PM, IAGeezer said:

Please excuse my noob question. Now that CD48203 is out, which current kits are most suited to model the particular airfames, A-10C and F-16C, without (or as few as possible) modifications?

The F-16C on 48-203 is 86-0331, a Block 30E jet with non-bulged main gear doors, MCID large mouth inlet and GE engine. Best kit would be the Tamiya F-16C/N kit #61106.  Second choice would be any of the Hasegawa kits with the MCID inlet.

I'll defer to Warthog experts for the best A-10 kit.

Kursad,

You are doing so well with 1:72 C-130 Hercules decals and we have an excellent kit in the Zvezda release, how about including LC-130D/H decals for the 139th AS New York ANG and LC-130F/R decals for the US Navy / US Science Foundation?  The old MAX Decal 7211 is long out of print.

Edited by Dutch
  • 2 weeks later...

I just bought the classic Monogram F-80 kit in 1/48 scale.  I'm discovering the aftermarket decal options are almost non-existent.  The aircraft from the 1950s were always so colorful!  I think it would be great if you could come up with a sheet or two of some F-80 schemes.  😁

I was also wondering if there's been any progress on the set of F-89 decals.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...