I would love some 1/48 F-18F line jets done Caracal style.  Not fancy CAG or Blue Angels.  Everyone seems to do those.  I mean RAAF and USN.  

18 hours ago, The Arrowhead said:

I’d love a F-111 « early years » sheet, covering TFX prototypes plus the NASA test beds (AFTI and TACTS).

Would make a great companion to my AFTI/F-16!

Agree, the initial RDT+E F-111 series offers a good variety of schemes....Most in light gull gray over white, one or two in natural finish, and the FB-111A prototype.  The NASA TACT/ATFI F-111s were interesting as well.  

PLUS, it would help to round out your series of F-111 decals.  After all, you do make or have made decals for most US schemes the F-111 had.

Rod.

111.jpg

111.1.jpg

111.2.jpg

51 minutes ago, eraucubsfan said:

I wonder if they will actually change the kit or is it just a re-box of the V-22 series with the decals 

Probably just a re-box. However, Hasegawa has previously released kits with extra resin parts for special versions, often as "limited run" editions. Fingers crossed!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 82Whitey51 said:

Navy T-39Ds in 1/72 scale?

With the new Sword kit out, this could be a subject with lots of options.

I didn't know the kit was already out : I ordered mine on Ebay, but it looks like it will reach me in about 10 days or so. I should have the artwork ready for the fit checks by that time.

19 hours ago, KursadA said:

I didn't know the kit was already out : I ordered mine on Ebay, but it looks like it will reach me in about 10 days or so. I should have the artwork ready for the fit checks by that time.

Cool! A lot of NFOs out there who have spent lots of time in the back end of those out of Pensacola. VRC-50 had some cool tail markings on theirs as well.

4 hours ago, 82Whitey51 said:

Cool! A lot of NFOs out there who have spent lots of time in the back end of those out of Pensacola. VRC-50 had some cool tail markings on theirs as well.

Was a great aircraft for a NFO to learn in. Good for cross country excursions as well. 
Cheers

Collin

You really don't need more ideas, but... here's another idea.

I'm in the midst of a project involving a summary history of the USAFE Skyblazers aerobatic team from 1949-1962, and a guide to modeling their aircraft in 1/48 scale.  There are options in existence to build all of the aircraft in all of the paint schemes with one exception.  The very first aircraft they flew was the Lockheed F-80B.  Finaggling an F-80C back into a B isn't a problem.  Decals are.  Someone needs to make the F-80B markings to complete the Skyblazers universe and give a sense of completion to modelers who are wanting to finish a team set.  Hint hint.  There was such a decal sheet once upon a time.  Well, two.  First was the kit decal sheet in the Monogram F-80 kit marketed as a B (Germany, black box, labeled as a B, 74003) but things just happen sometimes and you maybe never really know why, but the graphic arts people decided to smoke something and designed the Skyblazers name in powder blue instead of the proper dark blue letters bordered in white.  Then there was the JBOT print to order sheet, which is now out of production and appears to be staying that way for eternity.  So somebody needs to step up and fill the 1/48 gap.  Don't let the 1/72 guys gloat over the fact that they have these in the Sword kit.

https://aerobaticteams.net/en/resources/i208/Skyblazers-F-80B-Shooting-Star-Gallery.html

Rick L.

ps- the single T-33A flown by the team in 1950 also needs a 1/48 option.  Those 1/72 guys.... win again.  😑

Edited by Spruemeister
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Stephen said:

There's a new heritage desert scheme for F-16D MiG killer 90-778

https://scramble.nl/military-news/f-16-mig-killer-gets-desert-camouflage-colours 

Is this supposed to mimic the desert scheme briefly worn by the 363 TFW F-16C 84-1212 during Desert Shield?

edit: photo link

https://www.dstorm.eu/pictures/nose-arts/f-16/usa/84-1212_6.jpg

Edited by habu2

This one is a beauty. I can knock this out pretty quickly, but I will need to bundle it with a few other heritage jets, it may be a good candidate for a 1/72 version of  CD48203.

nordo.jpg

Edited by KursadA